Turn in work

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by polgacri, Aug 21, 2007.

1. polgacri

polgacri Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

What do you have students do after they finish their independent work? Do you let them turn it in as soon as they're done or all at the same time?

3. LAH2

LAH2 Companion

Aug 21, 2007

I have a "Finished Work" basket and the students know to always turn their work in there so I can keep it all together. They turn it in as soon as they are finished so they can start working on something else.

4. Honey1021

Honey1021 Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

When I student taught I had it go into the corresponding basket. They went back to their desks and either read silently, worked on work from the morning, or did packets.

5. combo teacher

combo teacher Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

I have two red "folder" pocket charts. Their morning folder work goes in there. At a quick glance, I am able to see who has not turned in their work. (Each pocket is labeled) It's also easy for them to turn in other work if I don't want to take it up at the time.

6. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Aug 21, 2007

I also have a finished work basket and they turn it in whenever they are done, with the exception of tests. I tell them to flip it over then I collect all at once, just so that the room remains quiet while others are working.