I am really in need of support today - I think I've reached my breaking point. I desperately want to ask my mom or my friends for advice and support....but my husband wants to keep our babymaking plans secret and has asked me not to talk about it. So I'm stuck - does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? We started trying in September, hoping for a summer baby - I teach at a small preschool with only one other classroom. My plan was to leave my job after the school year is over and stay home with the baby until I was ready to get back to work in a year or so. All of my close friends have gotten pregnant immediately after trying, so I (wrongly) assumed we could too. Now, 6 months later we are still trying and are way past a summer due date. I am desperate to leave my job after this year and am finding teaching preschoolers incredibly stressful - not good for trying to conceive! This is my third year there and I cannot imagine having to return again in the fall for ANOTHER year but I feel I have no option because I could get pregnant any month and it seems irresponsible to look for a new job while actively trying to get pregnant. I have to give my school notice by April if I am not returning in the fall but that will be too early for me to apply for other non-teaching jobs that won't interview/hire until a month or so before start date (which would be July). If I decide to leave I won't have any job lined up right away because of the timing and that leaves me running the risk of being without a paycheck until I find a new position. Not good when you're trying to save money for a baby! I feel stuck and frustrated. I am hating my job but feel I can't leave until I have the baby because it is the most financially secure thing to do. Should I say screw it and put in my leave, hoping to find a non-teaching job immediately and not worry about whether or not I get pregnant soon after starting a new position? Or stick it out and pray I get pregnant soon, knowing I can leave mid-year if my due date is sometime next year?