Trying to get my creative juices flowing

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sundrop, Oct 27, 2010.

1. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Oct 27, 2010

I'm going to have the 7th graders create a video to show the school at the end of January during Catholic Schools Week. Our school theme this year is a western theme...specifically, Wanted By God. I'd like to have them make a black and white old time looking movie with subtitles and no sound. I'm just not feeling very creative and could use a little inspiration to get started. Any ideas??? I think once I have an idea for the plot or some fun ideas for scenes to include I'll be ready to take off with it. Somehow I could come up with 100 ideas for someone else when they need it, but I can't think of anything for myself.

3. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Oct 27, 2010

Well, I've still got nothing, so I'm gonna put this off until another day. If you have any great ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

4. Securis

Securis Cohort

Oct 27, 2010

Try watching Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. There are others. Enjoy.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Oct 28, 2010

Maybe have the students focus on different western movies where God may have influenced a character...

Find pictures of different images of people or items from the west that the students feel God made special...

Sorry... not much help.

6. Securis

Securis Cohort

Oct 28, 2010

There's this miracle staircase in New Mexico. The legend as I remember it (not accurately in any way necessarily) goes like this. A church needed some repairs or it simply needed to be completed but there wasn't any money so mircale #1 revolves around how the money was raised. Miracle #2 happens because of the design situation and none of the local carpenters would attempt the job of installing a staircase. It was beyond their skill. A stranger came to town and took on the job. He completed it and still to this day carpenters and engineers marvel at the feat. Then the carpenter disappeared without taking payment.

Here's a link with the more accurate version. http://www.funtripslive.com/santa_fe/miracle_staircase/staircase.htm

7. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Oct 28, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions! I have actually been to visit the church and seen the staircase you are referring to Securis and have pictures too. That is definitely a possible angle to consider. I'm feeling inspired now!