Trying again

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mommyserenity, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 26, 2013

Sitting here waiting for the first of two interviews today to begin. First interview was supposed to have started already....and I sit I noticed the person that went in ahead of me was in a t-shirt and shorts. Really??? Seriously?? :eek:

3. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 26, 2013

Well, that's one less person to compete against!

Good luck! Be yourself and you will be great!!!!!:hugs:

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 26, 2013

Hey, it gives you even better odds! Be sure to throw in the word professionalism if you can ;)

5. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Jul 26, 2013

Two interviews that's great! Good luck to you!

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2013

We're all pulling for you!

7. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Jul 26, 2013

Good luck!! You go in there and dazzle them!!!!
    Sheilah

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2013

Remember when you are inside the school, even waiting for an interview, you are being observed. Just my :2cents:, but don't sit and text on your phone if you are in the office. Instead, review your paperwork, smile and say hello to anyone coming into office. You want to present an interested, professional appearance to EVERYONE you encounter while there. You don't want anyone to say 'she was texting on her phone the whole time she was waiting'.
    That said, the prior candidate showing up in shorts was NOT presenting a professional impression, so in comparison texting would be minor.:lol:
    Good luck!:hugs:

9. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 26, 2013

One down...one to go. I think it went okay, but I highly doubt I will get the job as I have never taught Ga PreK before. ( I've taught private PreK) there are state required classes I'd have to take for new hires and is have to try to complete it all, if an offer was made, in under a week since preplanning begins Monday. I figure they will hire someone who has already taught it and doesn't need the required orientation classes.

I was actually sitting in my car when I posted, not inside the school. When I arrived to check in, the TWO candidates before me were all still sitting and waiting. They told me it was going to be about 45-1hr before they could see me....there were two chairs for waiting and both were occupied. So, I told them I'd be happy to wait outside until they had room for me to wait in side. So that's what I did. I went back to my car to grab something and then waited in their little garden area until there was a chair available. Interviews began at 9...mine was supposed to be at 10. I am guessing they just got a late start since the 9a was just getting ready to go in at 9:45 and the 10a did go in until 10:30.

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2013

Sending you good thoughts!

11. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 26, 2013

Second interview done. It lasted almost 2 hrs and turns out the part time position they called me in for has now likely turned into a full time position. I think it went well, but all I can do is wait and see how I add up against other candidates.

12. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Jul 26, 2013

2 hours sounds good!!! Best of luck!!! :D:thumb:

13. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2013

My fingers are crossed for you!

14. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 26, 2013

That sounds great! Now I'm gonna ask you to please change your location! You're not a loser and you never were. Please!:hugs:

15. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 26, 2013

Honestly, I do not expect to get either job. I've had a few super interviews that lasted well into an hour or more for nothing. I'm sure someone else better, or more qualified, will be chosen and I will get the all too familiar no thanks. Had two more letters of rejection waiting on me when I got home today. Teachers go back to work Monday and it kills me to no end to know I won't be joining them.