Truth or Fail! Have you tried this?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by McKennaL, Aug 22, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 22, 2009

I don't know if you are into You Tube... omg..next to this place (and the bulletin board I am a moderator on) You Tube is my obssession!

A couple years back..I heard about a year-long vlog (video-blogging) going back and forth between two brothers who decided that they would do only video communication for a year. It was called Brotherhood 2.0. And it was SENSATIONAL!

The two brothers are John Green (a prize winning, young-adult author) and his brother, Hank (a writer/reporter for "green"-information websites). They are VERY VERY funny. Since then they have started the nerdfighters...but that's a whole NEW topic.

ANYWAY....

They have developed the first YouTube Game Show that YOU play. I coul explain further...but I'll let Hank tell you about it (You MUST try this!!!)......

http://www.youtube.com/user/truthorfail

I think you are going to LOVE this....***I*** do!

I'll add in the first part of one week's game episode for you to try. This week's topic was ...Literature..or namely: facts about famous authors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8gmcYdJi7o

3. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Aug 22, 2009

OMG, McKenna! I started watching the vlogbrothers WAY back when they started B2.0 in January 2007! I think they are hilarious :)

However, I seem cursed to really stink at Truth or Fail! The only one I've done well on was the John Green books one because I'm a big fan of his writing.

It's nice to see there are some other teachers who are nerdfighters :lol:

4. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 22, 2009

I think they are hysterical!!!

I was at my part time job and thinking about truth or fail all morning.

I know how to do this (set up a quiz show like this...with secret passages going forward with clicking on answer A or Answer B) on PowerPoint...but i think it would be a BLAST to do once a week (or month) with a class as a reward. Some questions as the week in review, some as current events, and some as trivia. I think they would love seeing their teacher as game show hostess....maybe even taping different segments in different places...or having guest question hosts from around th eschool.

ooooooo. I am going to have to find out how to DO this as videos!!!

Those, Greeen Brothers...gotta love 'em!

5. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Aug 22, 2009

How fun! I guess I'm out of the loop, I've never heard of them. McKenna - that sounds like a GREAT idea, if you could get it all set up!