Trouble hooking up a TV

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Bella2010, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jun 17, 2012

I hooked up my dad's new TV, but the picture is fuzzy and the volume isn't right - it has to be maxed out to hear it. Their dish receiver is about 10 years old, could that cause it? It worked well with their old TV, but it was so old they used an analog to digital box. On the back of the receiver it has the TV out post looking thing, with I hooked up to the TV in post looking thing on the TV. The cable coming in from the Dish is hooked up to the post looking thing that says sattelite in on the receiver. Then, I hooked up the cable that has red, white, and yellow cables from the receiver to the TV. Ideas?

Thanks!

Beth

3. bros

bros Phenom

Jun 18, 2012

Get a new receiver. I assume you mean the set-top box?

Just tell the company it doesn't work right with the TV anymore and you think it is broken and have them ship a new one. Then it should be good.

(Especially if it is analog)

Since analog to digital conversation, then putting it on a decent new TV, there tends to be quality loss

4. Jimhassel

Jimhassel Rookie

Jun 18, 2012

As per my suggestion you need a mechanic for the same. As you mention that the picture is fuzzy and the volume isn't right, it means there is some other issue. these symptoms may cause harm in picture quality of TV.