Trends You Hate

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 29, 2009

Mrs.C I absolutely love those scarves, I can see myself wearing them in a heartbeat.

I was so fortunate that my great memere gave me all of her unique scarves when she passed away. They are beautiful, and one of a kind.

2. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2009

I'm so jealous...

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 29, 2009

big glasses with no glass in them!!! Young people around here wear them (like 20 somethings!) and they drive me crazy!

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 29, 2009

MissFroggy, I agree!

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2009

ok, away from clothes, I will add silicone cookware and kitchenaid mixers!

I have had to use both while all of my stuff is in storage and I hate either! I am glad my roomie had them and I had a chance to try them out while I am hear, otherwise I might have purchased both.

The silicone I just don't get. Maybe there are some instructions I should know that I didn't get since it isn't mine, but I think it is horrible and stuff sticks to it terribly.

The kitchenaid is heavy and a pain to use. I much prefer my mom's MUCH cheaper sunbeam. And if I was going to spend all that money on one, I think I would go for a cuisinart.

6. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Dec 29, 2009

Glad to be back, Blue. :)

7. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Dec 29, 2009

How strange -- wearing glasses when you don't need them. :huh::haha:

8. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Dec 29, 2009

Silicone everything in general. I'm HORRIBLY allergic, and I always have to think... can I touch that phone/pen/lotion/cake pan/ shirt (yes, tried on a shirt that had silicone in the seams, broke out in hives before I left the fitting room...) Grrr...

I love my kitchenaid, but it's been stuck up in the closet for 6 months because I have the tiniest kitchen... :(

9. reverie

reverie Companion

Dec 29, 2009

Yeah the "reject" looks like the "running man" in reverse. The "sponge bob" (I think) looks like the "C-step" (or c-walk, can't quite remember)!

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 29, 2009

Ah, man. In the last year, Silicone became my best friend!!

11. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 29, 2009

OMG...I LOVE kitchenaid mixers. They are heavy, but mine (okay, my mother's that I kidnapped) never left my counter, so it wasn't really an issue. I had a 6 quart bowl, and I could run it all day and it never got cranky. Kitchenaid can stand up to MUCH more abuse than any other brand, so to me, it's worth it. I'm dying to get a new one. I had to give "mine" back to my mom when I moved. If you don't bake all the time, I can totally see how they would be a royal pain, just on the weight alone.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2009

I actually do bake all the time. I feel like there isn't much space between the top and the bowl to mix in ingredients while it is moving, and I guess I don't really mean heavy weight wise as much as I just think it is bulky.

13. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 29, 2009

Their standard models don't have a lot of space. My mom's is older than me, and there was more space back then. I want the professional model. There's a lot more space on those. I burned out a Cuisinart in three years and didn't treat it nearly as badly as I treated my mom's 30something year old kitchen aid. On that point alone, my loyalties lie with kitchenaid.

14. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2009

My mom's sunbeam just burned up while she was making Christmas cookies this year. She got it as a wedding gift 31 years ago. And they sell for under $100. I think that is probably what I will stick with.