Treasures Reading series

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by kidsr#1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. kidsr#1

kidsr#1 Companion

Aug 5, 2010

Our elementary had a day of training from a company rep. today. I feel overwhelmed but believe in the long run my planning will get easier. We will be using the integrated grammar/language and spelling, so that makes planning easier. We received the teacher resource set and all of the assessments and tier 2 and 3 resource books. I also have 5-6 CDs.

My question...

For those of you that have had training on the series or have used it for awhile, what do you wish someone had told you that you discovered on your own?

3. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2010

I found the biggest obstacle was figuring out how to organize all the resources. When the boxes started coming, they didn't stop. I wrote up how I organize all my materials here. I really like the program. It is a bit overwhelming at first. My suggestion would be to focus just on the reading and assessments until you are comfortable with that. The extra stuff (centers, writing, etc aren't always great).

[​IMG]

4. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Aug 5, 2010

Something to know that would have helped in the beginning is that you can't fit everything in. :) Choose what you need for your kids and your standards. Good Luck!