Traveling Teacher... posting objectives

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by i.heart.trees, Oct 17, 2015.

1. i.heart.trees

i.heart.trees Rookie

Oct 17, 2015

I teach reading groups and travel with a small cart (the kind that you roll like a carry-on suitcase). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for displaying objectives. In many cases the tables that I work on are very small and crowded, with little space for students to work. I need to come up with something that's not going to take up a lot of space, take a lot of time to set up, or be too small so that the students cannot see the objectives. Thanks in advance!

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Oct 17, 2015

Are you doing it because you think it will help your students, or because you need to check off a box in case you're ever observed? If it's the second, just write it out on a sentence strip and tape it to your cart. If you want to actually use it with your kiddos, then try laminating a sentence strip, put some magnets on it, and after you've introduced it to your kid, find something magnetic to put it on.

4. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Oct 17, 2015

They have table-top pocket charts that sound like they might work well for you. It would be easy to carry in your cart and easy to have on the table.

i.heart.trees and Caesar753 like this.
  5. i.heart.trees

i.heart.trees Rookie

Oct 18, 2015

The pocket chart sounds like a great idea! I plan on using different colors for each grade on dry erase sentence strips. Thank you!

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 19, 2015

I think that pocket charts or even that large post-it style easel paper would work for you in this situation. You could stick the easel paper directly to the cart if you don't have any wall space to display it on.

7. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Oct 19, 2015

i.heart.trees and teacherpippi like this.
  8. i.heart.trees

i.heart.trees Rookie

Oct 19, 2015

On second thought... that might work best for me because it will take a lot of time to set up the sentence strips. With the photo frame I could just switch the objectives out as I switch groups. I'm sure I have one around in my house somewhere.

The kindergarteners at my school broke another teacher's picture frame (she used them with kid's names for stations). I wonder how easily they break. I will have to be careful and not throw them in my cart.