Transition ideas?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mapleleafsgirl, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mapleleafsgirl

mapleleafsgirl New Member

Oct 9, 2007

I need ideas on how to transition the children when our morning or goodbye circle is over. My favourite one is "who ever is wearing blue..."etc

What are some of your favourites? Themed transitions are also apprecited.

Thank you in advance :)

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2007

I hold up strips with their names and they get up as they recognize their names. You could make these thematic.

I sing Willouby Wallaby Woo but change the first letter of their names depending on the letter we are studying.

I have them go to the tables doing actions starting with the letter we are studying (bounce for b, crawl for c, etc.).

4. cdowdell

cdowdell Companion

Oct 12, 2007

I sometimes rhyme their name with the letter we are doing by just replacing it w/ the first letter of their name. I also dismiss by table color, by first letter of their first or last name, sometimes I have them identify a letter or number, etc.

5. jennegirl

jennegirl Rookie

Oct 13, 2007

You can also play a song, such as Bill Nye the Science guy. My MT does that to move the kids from one area of the classroom to the colorful carpet. She went and saw Rick Morris, The Guru. She said it was inspriational.

6. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2007

I let the color row who is sitting the nicest be dismissed first. They get a star by their color, and which ever team has the most stars by the end of the week gets to visit the treasure box.