Transcripts

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by misscho, May 1, 2013.

1. misscho

misscho Rookie

May 1, 2013

Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone has gone through the interviewing process and if districts have asked for hard copies of transcripts from college? I have a Master's in Elementary Education and have a 4.0 GPA from there. But, my undergraduate degree isn't so hot. I just don't want to make it so far into the district that I already interviewed for and then get rejected because of that.:cool: Thanks.

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 1, 2013

Yes. One required them to be sealed.

4. misscho

misscho Rookie

May 1, 2013

I can see why they require them. I have already uploaded my transcripts onto the applitrack system for the district I interviewed in. But, I wonder if they even look at the applitrack system components that are uploaded before the interview or after? If I got the interview after they've reviewed that information, then they should only want it for formality and not base their decision on the transcripts. My third interview in the same district went really well so I'm just worrying about the minute details and driving myself crazy. :dizzy:

5. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

May 1, 2013

I only had to give them my official transcripts (sealed, sent directly to them) once I was hired for salary purposes.
    In other applications they ask for proof of a BA, so I had my unofficial degree uploaded, but I don't think they cared about my grades, they just wanted to make sure I had the degree.

6. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

May 1, 2013

All of the jobs I applied for use applitrack and required that I uploaded digital copies of my transcripts. At none of the interviews did anyone mention my grades. All they asked about were my certifications and experience student teaching.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 1, 2013

My undergrad was a business degree...schools want to see Ed classes. I sent only my grad transcript...3.99/4. They wanted sealed envelope mailed directly to them.

8. teach42

teach42 Comrade

May 1, 2013

Don't you have to get a certain GPA in order to even get certification anyway? Not that the bar is very high for that or anything. If you've made it this far in the interview process, I doubt it really matters to them.

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 1, 2013

Everywhere that I apply to requires them. I have found that copies are OK, but later in the hiring process they may want the official sealed letters.

10. teachart

teachart Comrade

May 2, 2013

Here's a related question - how did you upload a copy?

Mine is several pages long. Did you scan each and put it into a microsoft word document, or upload each separate page?

Right now I have the last page uploaded only!

11. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

May 2, 2013

You may need access to a scanner. I am lucky that my husband has a scanner at work, so he just feeds the documents in and all are scanned into a PDF that he emails to me. Otherwise I have used my little "all in one" scanner at home, then yes, loaded the pictures into a Word document and loaded that (if more than one page).