Training

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by vbubbles1874, Sep 23, 2010.

1. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

Sep 23, 2010

I have to present a training on lesson planning/curriculum and I need some input. What things do you look for when doing lesson plans? What things do you have trouble planning; subjects, activities, etc? What would you find helpful in this training class? Any ideas or previous trainings that you attended would be helpful!

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 23, 2010

What I always struggle to find: science activities. I LOVE science, but sometimes have trouble coming up with science activities that make sense with my themes.

What I love about workshops: A chance to talk with other people about what works and what doesn't.

A great idea I heard: haven't implemented, but like... take all the concepts you have to teach (state goals or benchmarks or whatever you have) and brainstorm ways to cover those expecations... not lesson plans, not theme-based, just generic ideas you can use with ANY theme.
    like patterning- pattern with children, pattern manipulatives, glue paper/items in a pattern, use stamps, find a pattern around the building

actually, that would be an awesome workshop in itself... split up into different groups, then share the info and ideas with the whole group at the end.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Sep 23, 2010

I have taught 2 different classes on lesson planning, curriuclum.

One is the Webbing Lesson plan. The other one is to look at your childhood and remember what you thought was fun, and translate that into interest centers. If you want details, just let me know.

5. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Sep 24, 2010

I really like taking a theme and using a book to base my theme off of. Such at pets and using the book "Cookies Week" and doing different activites everyday for literacy that goes with this book. I find the suggestion clarnet said to be helpful to with just going with all the standards and brainstorming ideas.