Train theme

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by jaszmyn, Jul 19, 2005.

1. jaszmyn

jaszmyn Comrade

Jul 19, 2005

For the beginning of the school year I would like to do a train theme. -Students will be doing activites such as a friendshipp train, self potraits etc... I would like to have two very differnt idea surrounding the same theme- On e for the door and one for a bulletin board that the students will help create after first week of school activites.

My plans are far from concrete---any suggestions please!!!!!

I have already though of -"All aboard for kindergarten"

"Choo-choo-choose TO BE A FRIEND"

ANY IDEAS OR WEBSITES? :thanks: ;)

3. jaszmyn

jaszmyn Comrade

Jul 19, 2005

Any idea for a train number line catchy saying

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 19, 2005

What about staying on the right track at school.
    T=trust
    R=Respect
    A=
    C=cooperation
    K= Keeping Safe

I can't remember what the A stands for. I'll probably think of it later.

5. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jul 19, 2005

A could be "act responsibly"

6. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2005

Play off of "The Little Engine that Could" and do a board with "I think I can, I KNOW I can" as a theme. This can also be fun by having the kids draw/dictate sentences to you about things that they'll be able to do before they leave Kindergarten...I've had kids say that they'll be able to drive a car and get married! It's fun to leave up for back to school night. The parents get a kick out of it.

Oriental Trading has a pre-cut blank train bulletin board set that has an engine and 24 cars (I think). I bought it last year and sent each child one home (you could mail it ahead and have them bring it to the first day of school...having a grownup job like remembering that may help ease the jitters of some of them) and had them decorate it with a picture of themselves and pictures/drawings that show what's special about themselves. You could do the engine yourself and give each child a car. That would make a lovely display.
    Kim

7. jaszmyn

jaszmyn Comrade

Jul 21, 2005

Thanks for the advice--I have been very unlucky in finding decoratives for my train theme-- I may just do a welcome door decoration (Welcome aboard the kindergarten express) and do something else. I have already made the owrds and cutouts, but their just die cuts. Thanks any suggestion on a easy and great theme? Is it okay to do a different door decoration and a differnet theme troughout the room.