Trader Joe's

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jun 13, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 13, 2011

Last night I bought groceries as well as checked out their non-food aisle. I know it sounds silly but I love the bars of soap I picked out so much I wanted to start another thread about TJ's! The green tea soap has a lovely fragrance just sitting on the sink. :wow: I also love the new ginger almond oatmeal exfoliating soap! It leaves my skin smelling great and it doesn't irritate like some exfoliating products can.

What are some of the things you like there that is either food or not? :)

Tonight I'm trying their new entree called chicken l'orange. I can't wait! It was the sample last night and I heard it was good. I'll come back and update for those who live near a TJs. :thumb:

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2011

Do you get their newsletter? I love it.

These posts depress me though - I moved away and there is no trader joes here. I think I will be making a road trip since school is out.

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 13, 2011

Yeah they send that out but I rarely look at it. Did you know someone made an Unofficial Guide to TJs? It's a thin booklet...Google it if you're interested....they are not affiliated with TJs but it was a quick flip through and keep handy kind of book for like $6ish or so.

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2011

I used to just toss it but then I sat down and actually read it one day - they have awesome recipes and tips and they tell you what is new and seasonal. It is really well written.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jun 13, 2011

I have to travel quite a ways to get to TJs so I only go about twice a year. I am going to try to get there this summer. I don't usually check out the non-food aisle but I used to love their shampoo and conditioner in the blue bottle. I'm not sure if they still sell it but I will look for it next time i'm there. I keep checking their website to see where they are opening new stores. So far no luck in my neck of the woods :(

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 13, 2011

There's still not a Trader Joes by me, but I noticed that one is opening next month back home, where my family is. So whenever we move home I'll be able to go!

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2011

The Red Curry sauce is my favorite, and i just realized i only have one bottle left. I mix that with chicken and serve over rice with a veg - that is my go to meal. I think I bought 12 bottles last time I was there.

9. Victoriassecret

Victoriassecret Rookie

Jun 13, 2011

I love Trader Joes! Their onion soup is amazing , and their cereals are very good as well.

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2011

I love their soaps too. I also buy their:
    shampoo
    conditioner
    body wash
    toothpaste
    hand soap

Food-wise, just a short list, I love their:
    taco shells
    yummy treats, like the mint-chocolate ones (can't remember the name)
    salad mix
    premade dough (even though it took a while to figure out how to work with it)
    tofu sausage