Tori Spelling Marriage Situation?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, May 4, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 4, 2014

What do you all think about it? Tori's decided to have a brand new reality show about her husband, Dean's infidelity in their marriage & showing them talking to the therapist, him talking of wanting to commit suicide at a recent (I guess brief) time, etc.

Yes, I liked her as an actress on 90210. I never cared for Dean whatsoever...never cared to see him in anything, don't like how he is in "supposed" real life since I've seen their other reality show.

Tori is so incredibly idiotic if she thinks she was going to be different. Her & Dean both met when they were each already married, so what does she expect now that Dean's had an affair on her (which is exactly what she's said on this latest reality show)?! I'm sure this isn't the first affair he's had on her...maybe the only one SHE knows of or who knows, maybe she knew of others, but they were able to sweep those under the rug somehow, but with paparazzi all over the place, things like that are very hard to hide.

I have no clue why she's airing about her marriage on TV. She sure doesn't need the money. (I'd say a bit more here, but I won't.)

By the way, she'll be in a new show with her ex-co-star Jennie Garth in the upcoming show Mystery Girls.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 4, 2014

I've heard rumors that she is struggling with money. I don't know if her definition of "struggling" is the same as a normal person's, but that's what I've heard.

Her husband sounds like kind of a jerk. He said some pretty hurtful things to her publicly and on their show, basically calling her boring in bed and whatnot. My opinion is that people should keep the intimate details of their marriage to themselves and within the confines of their marriage, but obviously not everyone else feels that way, and that's okay. I guess if they want to air their dirty laundry, more power to them. I think that there is a belief that it's better for celebrities to be talked about for any reason (even a bad one) than to be forgotten. That seems to be the sentiment behind all this. I can't see any other reason that she'd want all this stuff out in the public like this. I think it will be especially rough on her children as they get older and read about the rough patches in their parents' marriage.

In any event, it's her choice to remain married, even with these rough patches. She has decided for herself where the line is and whether her marriage is worth saving. I think that's fair and I won't think less of her for that. Everyone's marriage is different, and what works for one couple might not work for another.

Her husband hosts Chopped Canada. Every time we watch it, I think, "You're a cheating jerk!" I still watch it, though. :p

4. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 4, 2014

I may be giving her too much credit, but do you think she might be doing the show because she thinks it may help other people to see what they went through? I worry about the kids as well-there are celebrities who shield their kids from the publicity and then those who use them in their "reality" shows. I never thought she had any talent as an actress but actually liked the last reality show they did.

She doesn't have the family money that people think she does. With the falling out with her mom after her father's death I think she was pretty much cut off. I know she has tried a lot business ventures.

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 4, 2014

I've seen several episodes of their older show and must admit I rather liked the couple. I think it's odd to air such hurtful, initimate details so immediately as they are happening, but I suppose they figure gossip will get around anyhow...at least now they control it. I understand that.

I haven't seen the new show, but I've seen clips while other people analyzed it on their "news" show.

6. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 4, 2014

I think the whole show is fake. I think he has cheated many times and that this is a way for them to make a buck

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

May 4, 2014

I agree. I think her talking about personal issues is a way for her to make money and stay relevant.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 4, 2014

I agree.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 4, 2014

There's always Hollywood marriage drama...it's all just a bit too much drama to get distracted by other than a quick glance at the tabloids when checking out at the grocery...Kardashians, Tori and Dean, Johnny Weir's marriage break up... Whatever....they'll all find new relationships and new drama..:yawn: it's just not something that I spend time thinking about.

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 4, 2014

I agree that it's just another way to stay in the spotlight and make money. I'm just so glad I don't have cable!

11. Missy

Missy Aficionado

May 4, 2014

I know nothing about either of them, and have no desire to hear about their marriage.

12. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

May 4, 2014

I find it physically impossible to care any less about the goings-on in the private lives of any celebrity.

13. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 4, 2014

I have enough to worry about in my own marriage-I can't stand the thought of trying to keep up with someone else.

14. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

May 5, 2014

I seriously couldn't possibly agree with you more!

15. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 5, 2014

Well, shoot. I *heart* celebrity gossip.

[​IMG]

16. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 5, 2014

I use to be really into the celeb scene. Then I read a book about how women are tearing each other apart, and we really need to clear our minds of negativity about one another and focus on the positive. It hit home, and I immediately unsubscribed from all my daily e-mails with hollywood news. I can't tell you the difference it made in my life! I still pick up the occasional People magazine to flip through, but it's not a focus for me. I'm working hard to do the same at work-avoid gossip and drama and focus on tightening up my own teaching world.

I feel incredibly sad for her-no one should have a life that revolves around stress and strife. I'm sure she's doing the best she can. If she steps out of the limelight and leaves Dean, she needs to figure out how to put food on the table without her career-her celebrity-to help. That would be hugely scary. I'm sure she's thinking that this is the only way to keep her career going, make money and get through this situation. Awful all around.

17. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 5, 2014

TMZ cracks me up...just the people in the writing room or whatever they call it. I'm clearly getting old because I don't know half the people they approach and discuss, but it's funny. :) I don't watch it daily and don't even know when it comes on, but I know it airs a couple times each day and I'll sometimes watch. I don't read any magazines or visit celebrity websites. Still, I care about them as humans. Some people who dislike celebrities because " they're people just like us" seem to treat them as less than human.

I agree with Jem that it's sad and I hope things are resolved.

18. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 5, 2014

This.

19. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 5, 2014

Personally, I don´t think I would feel comfortable airing all my dirty laundry. Plus, I am a private person. Usually nobody even knows when there is something going on. I like to deal with it privately and personally.

20. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 6, 2014

I remember watching her show years ago when they only had one or 2 children. She wanted to buy a house that was way more than they could afford and her husband was reluctant (I would be too) but they bought it anyway. That just shows she is used to a certain lifestyle and it seems she will be forever living beyond her means so she will always have to be a "celebrity". I have not read her books but I know she has a few so clearly she can do other "things" besides be on tv. The worst thing about it is that she has a bunch of kids to support and they probably dont' get half the attention they deserve.

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 6, 2014

She may deny it out loud, but inside her own mind, she knew what kind of man Dean is & to have all those kids is just...I don't know. Yes, I know kids are a blessing & all that, but...I won't say any more.

Remember how she wrote & read a children's book or books? She also had that antique store...probably closed down. Then, her & Dean had that wedding planning reality show. I didn't like that one & only watched one episode.