Too Crowded

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ima Teacher, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 17, 2012

After today, I am considering staying away from stores until at least mid January!

I went to the movies and lunch with friends today, and I ran a couple of errands before going home. It was ridiculously crowded, and there were such rude people out and about.

I thought about doing some Black Friday shopping, but I'm not sure the sales will be good enough to get me out of the house. I don't Christmas shop, but I like to find bargains for myself.

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Nov 17, 2012

It is INSANE already. :(

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 17, 2012

I was almost going to post the same thing a week ago...that the last 2 mos of the year, I'm going to stay clear of malls...well, especially on the weekends. If I go at all, it will be on a weekday at preferrably opening time, so I'm in & outta there. But, don't have a reason to go. But, I'll probably go w/ my mom on Black Friday, but we're no waking up early at all.

5. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Nov 17, 2012

Interesting...one of my friends and I went out to do some shopping today around 5 and we were commenting on how empty it was!

6. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Nov 17, 2012

Our malls were empty this evening, but only because the Santa Claus Parade was today... it was the perfect time to do some shopping!

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 17, 2012

I only ventured to the theater, Michael's, and Meijer today. The parking in the shopping center was awful. I guess lots of people were finishing Thanksgiving shopping, which likely accounted for the Meijer shoppers.

I might try late Thursday shopping this year. I never had issues when I would get up super early and shop Friday. I would go as soon as the stores opened at 5:00. I'd have a game plan ready and be back home before noon.
    Now stores open so much earlier. Not sure how to do it.

Maybe staying home sounds better.

8. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Nov 18, 2012

I'm planning on going out for a short shopping trip today, and then I will not go to another store until after January 1. Between now and then, if UPS can't bring it to my house, I don't want it.

9. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Nov 18, 2012

My friend and I are going Black Friday shopping, but I'm nervous!