Tomorrow is Teacher Appreciation!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teaching Grace, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2008

Okay, tomorrow is teacher appreciation for my area. Couple of questions first, the staples near me is an hour away, is it worth it? Or should I go to places closer like Big Lots, Office Max, and Office Depot? Out of them, which are the best? TIA!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 1, 2008

For the most part OD/OM/Staples are all the same. Ive heard Big Lots not so great- not one near me, so I don't know for sure. I wouldn't drive an hour to Staples.

4. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Aug 1, 2008

Our Staples isn't open yet. The only store close to me is Big Lots. I'm looking for a floot mat to put under my desk chair. Any suggestions?

5. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2008

I can't find the link that says Teacher Appreciation for OM or OD. Help!!

6. NewbieTeachr

NewbieTeachr Rookie

Aug 1, 2008

Office Max tomorrow too??

7. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2008

I wouldn't drive an hour just for the Teacher Appreciation stuff. I seem to remember some cookies and a little bag with a water bottle, some post-its or something like that, and maybe a pencil and some paper clips. That may not be the exact contents, but that's pretty much what I remember.

Do they have special deals on TA day, too?

8. jmevno

jmevno Rookie

Aug 1, 2008

I asked at our staples and they said that they have flash drives they are giving away this year. OM and OD I am not sure about. I usually do not go to those they are too far away for me.

9. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Aug 1, 2008

Our day at Staples is August 23rd.

10. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Aug 1, 2008

Here they are serving free breakfast for Teacher Appreciation (at Staples). I wouldn't go out of my way though. I might hit Big Lots tomorrow for some shelf paper and some rainy-day recess toys.

11. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 1, 2008

I've never gone, but I am going to swing by Office Depot tomorrow. They are supposed to have breakfast for all and goodies for the first 50 (I think was the number). We'll see. Now that I live 20 minutes away it won't be bad to check it out.

12. NewbieTeachr

NewbieTeachr Rookie

Aug 2, 2008

Does Big lots do anything? I stepped in mine today and nothing was out...not even a sign showing it was Teacher Appreciation day!

Staples and Office Depot was good this year though. Office Depot had a recyclable bag with folder, sharpie, blank CD, glue dots, colored pencil, and gave away free Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits! Staples had a 512 mb flash drive, a paper clip holder (the ones with the magnetic hole at the top) and a plastic file folder full of goodies!

13. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 2, 2008

oh yay...thanks for the info. Wow, staples actually gave away flash drives??? I'm really excited about that. I was actually planning on going to Big Lots today, aren't they having teacher appreciation?

14. goopp

goopp Devotee

Aug 2, 2008

My Staples gave away the flash drive (I think that's the same at all stores) and a weekly calendar and a big desk calendar. Then they gave out tickets and had 85 prizes to give away. They were calling out numbers every 2 or 3 minutes. I won a bag of goodies (6 pk spiral notebooks, book covers, filler paper, a small desk organizer, 3 subject notebook and a couple of other little things). They had a great breakfast with sausage biscuits and lots of homemade cookies and cakes.

Office Depot had a shopping bag with an expo marker, post it picutre hangers, a blank CD, and a folder. They had breakfast too, but I had already eaten at Staples, so I had to pass it up.

I got an invitation to the Office Max Teacher Appreciation Day today - ours is on August 16th.

Hope everyone enjoyed being APPRECIATED! I know I did.

15. KinderTLC

KinderTLC Rookie

Aug 2, 2008

I went to Big Lots earlier this morning. There was no indication that it was suppose to be a Teacher Appreciation Day. I think all we receive is a 10% off throughout the day. I thought they were going to have donuts and maybe a free gift, but there was no sign or an area for teachers, just teacher supplies.

16. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 2, 2008

Hmmmm.... we slept in and dh is out on a bike ride. I wanted to go to Big Lots when he got back, but now it sounds like nothing will be there! Our Staples is next week, and OD is is in two weeks. Not sure about OM.

17. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2008

How did you find out when yours are?