Tomorrow is D-Day!!!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Mrs.SLF, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Mrs.SLF

Mrs.SLF Comrade

Aug 27, 2006

*big gulp*

Tomorrow is my first day as a first grade teacher. I'm freaking out!!! My mind is racing in so many different directions right now trying to remember everything I need to do. HELP!!!! I know that I need to go to bed early but I feel like there is still so much more for me to do before tomorrow!!! I think I am just going to breathe, for now!

3. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Aug 27, 2006

Just relax... Everything will be fine tomorrow. I know that when the first day of school is coming up and I always plan on going to bed early it never works because of everything I am thinking that I have to do. You would think it would get easier after teaching 8 years, but my mind constantly races through everything I need to do.

So just have a great day tomorrow. Everything will turn our great. Tell us about your first day tomorrow. Good luck.:)

4. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 27, 2006

I too start tomorrow... actually the kids don't come until Tuesday morning - but I have my first 'teacher day' and then after that my open house... so it does begin tomorrow... I've had butterflies for most of the day today. :)

5. cmmottau

cmmottau Rookie

Aug 27, 2006

halpey1,

I too was anxious and did not sleep the night before my first day. Last Monday was my first day and I had a wonderful day.
    In fact I don't think I really slept at all last week. I finally rested all day yesterday.

Good luck and save some energy for tomorrow!!
    Cathy

6. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Aug 27, 2006

sstager. and halpey1,
    Good Luck on your first day! I hope you have a great time!

7. elem_teacher3

elem_teacher3 Companion

Aug 27, 2006

Have a great 1st day tomorrow. I taught 1st grade last year and my kiddos still talked about the 1st day up until the last. They talked about all the butterflies in their tummies. So...just enjoy getting to know them these 1st couple of weeks. This year will fly by and before you know it...it will be time to send them on to another grade.

Let us know how it goes!!

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2006

Have a great first day!

9. knittingbec

knittingbec Comrade

Aug 28, 2006

It's my first day tomorrow too! Almost half of my students are returning (I teach 1-2 Multi-age), and then I met quite a few of my new 1st-graders today when the class lists were posted. I think I'm ready... except I don't know what I'll wear!
    Happy first-day wishes to everybody else too!

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2006

Knock 'em dead today!!!!

And remember: as long as everyone gets some lunch and gets on the right bus at the end of the day, you've done a fabulous job!! Everything else is fix-able!!

11. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 28, 2006

Well I had my open house today - it went VERY well - there were a few parents who wanted mini-conferences - but I held them off - the kids were SO glad to see me again after the summer (I met them at step up day in June) - which really made feel good - I'm beat though and we start tomorrow!

12. MissB

MissB Companion

Aug 28, 2006

Good luck on your first days!!!

13. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Aug 29, 2006

Just remember, it's their first day too. They are just as nervous as you are. This will be my sixth year of teaching and believe me, I still get just as nervous now as I did the first time I set foot into my own classroom. I don't know any teacher who doesn't whether they have never taught before or have been teaching for 30 years. It's natural and you'll do just fine. Good luck!