Tom Cruise on Ritalin?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Bill_Lingle, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2005

Another thought on antidepressants: One more reason to get treatment if needed is for the sake of those who have to live and work with them. A chronically depressed person can drain the life right out of those around them. Please...get help if you are one of those persons.

2. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Jul 18, 2005

I've been teaching a long time. In our district teachers, parents, and doctors work together when a child is diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Drugs aren't always the solution, but sometimes it makes all the difference in the world. It's medication that allows kids and adults to concentrate and learn. I have many kids on meds succeed and do very well as adults. They often continue with the meds as adults. Why wouldn't they? Children with diabetes don't stop taking insulin. It's about quality of life..not getting high.

3. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2005

I think we should put this debate to rest-AGAIN. I see everyones point, but it doesn't mean that I should not be allowed to think differently or be criticized for having a different opinion. Nobody is right or wrong, NONE of us are doctors, so in reality, we are no better than Mr. Cruise for debating like we all know what we are talking about. No matter if you have been in the field for 1 year or 1 hundred years, none of us are doctors of medicine. And even doctors have a difference in opinions, that is why we pick and choose them carefully. That is also why there are regular doctors and holistic doctors.

4. Lovelabs

Lovelabs Comrade

Jul 18, 2005

I'll agree with that!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2005
  5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 18, 2005

Let's end on that note. We all have the best interests of our children at heart. That's why we feel so strongly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.