To the Praxis II Takers...

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by stephanie90102, Apr 28, 2006.

1. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Apr 28, 2006

Best of luck to all of you! I'm nervous too, but I know that we will be on top of it and pass without a problem. My fingers will be crossed for everyone tomorrow! Stephanie

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 29, 2006

Use professional terminology and make sense, and you'll come out all right. Don't forget that you can get partial credit on constructed response (written) questions - so don't leave any blank: write what you do know that bears on the topic in play. That is, focus more on what you CAN do than what you think you CAN'T do.

Best of luck to all of you. I'll be thinking of you...

4. PenCelia

PenCelia Rookie

Apr 29, 2006

I finished! Yeah! Now it's a waiting game! Fingers crossed. The class I took to prepare stressed colonial, civil war history etc. They wasn't much on that era. I'm tired! Did everyone else have to be there at 7:30 am? How did it go? The worst part is the waiting. They say 4 weeks. Anyone received their scores early?

5. Mrs.SLF

Mrs.SLF Comrade

Apr 29, 2006

Urgh! I have had the worst day!!! First, I had to drive to Birmingham this morning just to take the test ( I live in Atlanta) and the directions I got off of mapquest were completely wrong! I had to stop at a mcdonalds and get directions while freaking out about getting there on time! My calculator wouldn't work at first and I hated the science section of the test!!! Then, to make matters worse, I was pulled over on my way home from Birmingham and got a ticket!!!! (Luckily, the police officer was nice and gave me a ticket that would not show up on my record or insurance!!)...now we have to wait, forever!!! I wish I knew what I scored already because its the difference between me being part of the work force or flipping burgers somewhere! Did anyone else take the Elementary Education: Content Knowledge (0014) test? What did you all think? Does anyone know how it is scored since there were only 120 questions but you can score up to 200? Do we automatically get 80 points since each question is worth 1 point? Just wondering because I am driving myself nuts trying to figure out if I passed or not. Belated luck to everyone who took it!!!

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 30, 2006

What's got you puzzled is the difference between raw scores and scaled scores. Your raw score on a quiz or exam is the number of questions you got correct. Then ETS (or whatever company made the test) has an algorithm to convert that raw score into a scaled score. The algorithm takes into account whether a given question is more than usually difficult or less than usually difficult - this happens because it's very hard to write test questions that are exactly identical in difficulty, though I believe the fudge factor that this process necessarily introduces isn't all that large.

7. PenCelia

PenCelia Rookie

May 2, 2006

I took the 0014 test too! I'm sorry you had such a hard time getting there. I actually flew home to nh to take the test because it was held at my home university about twenty minutes to my parents house.

8. Mrs.SLF

Mrs.SLF Comrade

May 2, 2006

It was quite a journey! Did you think the test was hard? I absolutely hated the science part!!! Now the waiting game...