To like or not to like...that is the ??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by iloveschool, Jul 22, 2011.

1. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Jul 22, 2011

I have been moved to first grade from Pre-k. I am very excited about the higher level and having my own room. Don't get me wrong I really love my aide for the last four years, but just excited for the change mostly. Yesterday I found out that one of teh first grade teachers may be moving to another grade level and they probably will not replace her. This will put our class numbers higher. I was also told that I am going to have an aide 3 days a week because I will utilize her. The other teacher is supposed to be the inclusion teacher this year, but I guess I am now. With all of this plus learning all teh new curriculum and beginning CSCOPE with a new principal I am getting nervous. I had this perfect plan in my head. My room was just so so. Now I am having to make room for another person and plans are changing right when I was finally getting comfortable. I know it will be ok and I will just get over it, do it, and have a good year. Oh yea! This aide has a reputation of trying to take over your classsroom! Not really wanting to deal with that either!:dizzy:

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 22, 2011

You were excited! Don't let this change it! You'll figure out the room arrangements and the new curriculum!

With the aide, be structured and no nonsense with her. You might find that you love her. Only time will tell.

Your principal obviously has faith in you or you would not be given as much!