To discuss or not discuss??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by cby1224, Jan 16, 2013.

1. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Jan 16, 2013

I hope to be interviewing for a position at the end of the school year in secodary ed. science at a particular school that I have been in contact with recently. I am a career changer and I am currently employed but I am certified for the position. I also just found out I am pregnant at Christmas (unplanned). I am sure I will be showing at the time of any interview so I don't think it is an issue of telling as much as discussing the pregnancy. I know, they cannot mention pregnancy in any interviews, but I was wondering "if" I should mention it and discuss potential plans for ML including length, date, etc. I know they will want to know.
    I also know this puts me at a severe disadvantage for being hired, but I am going to remain optimistic that I will be hired regardless. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this prior to or during any interviews?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2013

No, you should not mention it.

4. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Jan 16, 2013

I wouldn't mention it in an interview. If you get hired, that's when I feel things should be discussed.

5. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

Jan 16, 2013

I agree, I wouldn't mention it.

6. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Jan 17, 2013

Thanks for the advice. I will be in contact with them before May most likely by phone/e-mail and then I will most likely see the P and VP at a graduation in May. I don't plan on discussing anything during the interview but I am sure I will be showing at the times I see them. I just pray that it doesn't keep them from hiring me!