To All "First Day of School" Teachers...!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Starista, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Sep 7, 2010

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

When the school day is over, come home and treat yourself to a big cup of tea or a glass of wine (or both!) and let us know how day 1 went!

Wishing you all the best first day! :love:

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

Have fun today everyone! If you can, take lots of pictures because the day will be a blur. I second the recommendation for the glass of wine!

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Sep 7, 2010

Have a great first day veterans and all our new teachers :)

starista - I :love: your avitar

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2010

This will be the first time I teach my pre-k in the morning, the daycare in the afternoon and the adult school at night. I only have to do all 3 once a week, and once a week replace the adult school with a class I am taking, but I am hoping I have the stamina to do it.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 7, 2010

That's a lot of time "on", and on your feet, scmom. Have you at least got decent breaks between each?

7. Starista

Starista Cohort

Sep 7, 2010

Hope it all went well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a glass (or three) of wine for me!!! :)

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

I'm too tired for a glass of wine! Lauren has soccer practice tonight and, thank goodness, it finishes at 8:00--I'm not sure I could stay awake to pick her up much later than that!

The day went fairly smoothly--my class this year is very different from last year's, but they'll be a fun crew.

9. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Sep 7, 2010

My back hurts and I didn't have time to eat lunch (again). I'm going to try the bubble bath since it did wonders for me yesterday.

My day was a lot better than expected. I teach 4 classes and my homeroom students seem to be great. There is one challenging class, I should say instead, a couple of challenging students that I hope to get under control.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

I had ice cream instead of wine :D

So far I've come across 2 of my juniors (SAT prep) who have had me 4 of the past 5 years. (Math 7, skip, Algebra I Honors, Geometry Honors, SAT). I'll find more later in the week as I mee the rest of my SAT prep classes.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

I think I'm going to do the same--there's a tub of Haagen-Dazs Dark Chocolate/Raspberry Swirl hidden in the freezer downstairs. :whistle:

12. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Sep 7, 2010

First day was great! No criers, no tantrums, no fighting-everyone followed directions and listened well. We were also complimented numerous times about how quiet my class walked in the hallway. This class is a total 360 of my group last year. Hopefully their angel-like ways do not disappear until June! lol

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

Thanks, Star. I take it from your avatar that you opted for the tea.

14. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Sep 7, 2010

I had a great (albeit chaotic) first day! I did have 1 student that had an allergic reaction to something and his eye swelled shut...but all in all it was a great day! Day 2, ready or not here I come! :lol:

15. Starista

Starista Cohort

Sep 8, 2010

Yup! We're in our 3rd week of school so I doubt I'd be pouring the wine on a school night anymore, but you never know!! :lol:

I love wine with meals (especially sweet wine with chocolate dessert) but it NEVER fails to wake me up with a headache!

So yea... These days I drink some iced tea or hot Lemon Lift tea..

I find they need to make a pregnant version of Lemon Lift Tea... because at 5 PM.. as I am trying to make dinner... There's no lift whatsoever. :(

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS second (or whatever!!) day!!

16. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2010

Good day yesterday but parents stay the first week. There are a couple I am worried about right away - I see IEP meetings in my future. Really tired this morning and having a hard time getting going but had energy for the whole day yesterday. Now if I can get through the class I am taking tonight....and finish my homework during lunch. Oh, yes....I have a parent who is practicing attachment parenting and never wants to leave their 4 year old.....sigh.