Title 1 teachers out there? Help!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by mnmom, Aug 10, 2005.

1. mnmom

mnmom Rookie

Aug 10, 2005

Hi
    I posted this question on the elementary forum too. What does the Title 1 teacher in your school do? I have an interview and I know some but would like to get a better understanding. DO they do alot of assessing?
    Any help would be wonderful!!

3. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Aug 10, 2005

Don't Panic

Title one teacher's in Virginia are the same as any teacher in another school. The difference is our funding is different due to our student population. The majority of our students are minority and on free or reduced lunch. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more specific info.

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Aug 10, 2005

Title one teachers in massachusetts are used more as coaches. They go into the classrooms to assist in teaching Math or L.A. a few days a week.

5. FallCreekGal82

FallCreekGal82 Companion

Aug 10, 2005

I was a Title I teacher this past year. I did assessment on the students once they were identified. Then I did specialized reading lessons based on the areas they needed the most help in. I didn't do much with writing because I was politely told it was a waste of time...get to the reading.

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2005

The Title 1 teacher's in the school where I taught were used to do running records in 1st & 2nd grades. We then had a Title 1 teacher for 1 hour or 2 to help with classroom stuff. They would usually pull a small group needing more one on one.

The older grades used them for small groups to help with reading or whatever the classroom teacher needed them to work on.

I was a 1st grade teacher, but before that subbed in the Title 1 room quite a bit!!!

7. sunfl3815

sunfl3815 Rookie

Aug 16, 2005

Title one teachers are regular teachers where I am. IT's the same as someone else mentioned. I'm a teacher at a title one school, all that means is we get extra resources bc our kids are majority low income.

8. dee

dee Companion

Aug 16, 2005

The same at our school. Teaching is the same, more money for resources