Tired of the run-around

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by bostonteacher, Jun 3, 2014.

1. bostonteacher

bostonteacher New Member

Jun 3, 2014

I am a young teacher with two years experience in Sub Separate Special Education Classrooms. I possess a teaching license, a B.A in Education and a nearly complete M.Ed in SpEd with a 3.9GPA but, despite having 76 applications out there floating around, I CANNOT find a job that fits my license!
    I have been teaching HS Special Ed for the past two years because of my experience and recommendations, the last job I was contracted directly by the superintendent, but I am licensed Elementary 1-6. I graduated in 2012 with great hope and confidence but, after being beat out for dozens of jobs in the past two years, I am losing my steam. Anyone in the MA area in the same boat?!
    Also! This ShoolSpring nonsense, I send out applications to immediately get rejection notices....Should I break their golden rule and send out paper application packets? Worst thing they can do is say no and I'm still stuck where I am!!

3. MissD59

MissD59 Comrade

Jun 5, 2014

I send paper mass mailings of my resumes out and have gotten interviews that way. I have about 400 out between Long Island and NYC. I just got a call for an interview on Monday for another school in Brooklyn. The vast majority of my interviews have been from me "cold calling" schools and mailing my paper resume and cover letter. I say go for it.

4. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

Jun 5, 2014

Seriously, count your blessings that you have a job at all. Many of us can't get anything and are more qualified than you are.

I wouldn't be complaining if I were you. The teaching market is terrible all over the country. The only places hiring much at all aren't very good to work for.

5. bostonteacher

bostonteacher New Member

Jun 6, 2014

MissD59 best of luck =) and Tony, I am blessed to have a job and I adore my students. My problem is finding a place to work that matches my license and M.Ed. With so many qualified individuals searching for jobs it is hard for us to all find a spot :)