Tips for moving back in (Second Year Teacher)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by OUOhYeah, Aug 2, 2015.

1. OUOhYeah

OUOhYeah Comrade

Aug 2, 2015

This will be my second year at my school and I was wondering what I should do first? My desk will be in the classroom as well as the student desks. What should I start with first? I'm 5/6 self contained... I have 18 students. Should I do furniture first or run to the copier first? Any tips?

3. BreezyGirl

BreezyGirl Companion

Aug 3, 2015

I'm going to set up my room this week and then will do the copying. I am going to make a list of what else I need to do as I am sure there will be stuff! I'm planning on doing the copying midweek. However, our schools start in September, so I have time.

Can you multitask? Some printers allow for several print jobs to be done one after the other.

4. OUOhYeah

OUOhYeah Comrade

Aug 3, 2015

We're such a small school I feel like I need to do the copying first. I could be wrong though. I am not doing anything that needs to be copied the first week of school. I am going to do a reading type of activity and start that the first week. I will also have them do a writing activity.

GAH!! I cannot wait until I start!!! I'll do the copying for the actual lessons that Friday.

5. jw12

jw12 Rookie

Aug 3, 2015

I always hit the copier first. If not, the line stretches for miles! Not having to make copies the first week is a good plan, too.

BTW, judging from your username, I'll assume we went to the same university!