Tips for applying online...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by NYYJMM, Oct 30, 2009.

1. NYYJMM

NYYJMM Rookie

Oct 30, 2009

Over the past year and a half after graduating I would say that 95 percent of the jobs I have applied to have come online. I would say out of my six teaching interviews that I have had, only two I applied online. When applying online, what kind of tips would you give people such as myself or anyone who is applies online on following up or good employment websites?

My biggest concern is that when I apply to jobs, a lot of them are far away where it would take me all day to drive down and back so, going down and handing my information is not reasonable when I need to work.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 30, 2009

Use current buzzwords in answering questions, resume, or cover letter.
    Decide what would set you apart from the hundreds of other applicants.

4. NYYJMM

NYYJMM Rookie

Nov 1, 2009

This is a good start here!

5. CLESprtsFan

CLESprtsFan Rookie

Nov 2, 2009

If there are short answer questions take sometime and really think them out. Don't give a generic answer-make your answers stand out from the bunch! Also, make sure you first type in a word processing program that has spell check and then copy and paste.

If you know what school the position will be located at send the principal a personalized email. Just something short saying you applied via the online application and let them know you are very interested in becoming a member of their school's team. Keep it very short, professional and attach your resume for their convenience.

I was told that my short answers and email are what got me the interview which led to my current job. Best of luck!

6. Simba

Simba Comrade

Nov 3, 2009

I agree. This site is a GREAT start!!