Timeline

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Feb 16, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Feb 16, 2009

So for all those school corporations out there who get right on their hiring now is a great time to start. But when do you guys start filling stuff out for school corporations that don't even think about hiring until after school is out.

I plan on turning in an application in March and then maybe emailing the principals in May (they get out in May) with my cover letter and resume. Does this sound about right? I want to get in there so they see my name but I don't want to get lost in the piles of emails they get before school is out.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 16, 2009

Around here, March is the time to contact schools.

My principal will know by the end of March just who is planning to return next year. We already have our registration numbers. So he'll spend part of Easter vacation deciding who to call after the break.

4. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Feb 16, 2009

That's what I was thinking but a lot of corporations around here have a lot of internal switching before they even hire outside the corporation. Would you still suggest emailing my stuff in March?

How does it work if you are in a corporation as an Instructional Assistant but want to move up to teaching? My principal said last year they hired 12 IA/Comp Techs/Reading Tutors from inside the corporation to be teachers this year? Can I like apply for internal postings?

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 16, 2009

I would ask your principal about applying internally for positions. I don't see why you couldn't.

Two of the districts I'm applying to are moving to online applications this year, so I have to wait until those are up and running before I can apply. They said I could fill out a paper app, but I would just have to fill it online later on. I still have one paper app I need to mail off. Everything is ready, I just have to get an envelope and mail it. Last year I mailed all my stuff late Jan/early Feb. I think that might have been too early.