Time to Teach

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sweetlatina23, Apr 8, 2013.

1. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Apr 8, 2013

Has anyone heard of this program? Its a workshop actually. I don't know much about it and would like more information.

3. Miss_H

Miss_H Rookie

Apr 8, 2013

Never heard of this. Interested to see what it's about.

Best,
    M.

4. DocuiSedecim

DocuiSedecim Rookie

Apr 9, 2013

Yes- my school district has been using the program for five years.

5. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Apr 10, 2013

Our school has gone through the time to teach training and it is a great program. Many of our teachers still use the refocus sheets. I really love the teach-to concept. It is so simple to do and understand both as a teacher and a parent. We simply teach the kids how we expect them to behave in each and every situation. How to sharpen pencils, how to ask questions, how to raise their hands, how to behave in a line, how to get food in the cafeteria, how to politely enter a classroom, how to behave in the hallways, locker etiquette, and so on. Teach-tos don't take a little time to do initially, but in the end, they save gobs of time. It also includes creating school absolutes that are 3-4 rules that all staff agree are important for a productive school and that have a set consequence. We faithfully use our absolutes - no gum, cell phone off and in locker, be prepared for class, and no inappropriate language. The kids get an automatic 2 DT's for breaking any of the 4 absolutes. Since we've had the trainings, we've had a change in administrators that haven't been through the trainings so they haven't been as into doing the school wide teach-tos. The program is very effective even if you aren't using the whole thing. Teach-tos are amazing as are the absolutes. Yes, I highly recommend the program.