Tickets as rewards

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mjennings, Aug 30, 2008.

1. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Aug 30, 2008

I have head of teachers passing out tickets when kids are caught being good. I plan on doing so this year but I have some questions.
    1. where do the kids keep them?
    2. what should the rewards be?
    3. how much should each reward cost? hoe many tickets each?

any help would be great..

thanks

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 30, 2008

I did tickets last year but did not do it again because I did not keep up with it well. But, that is me!

I gave tickets for being good, turning in their homework on time, scoring 100% on tests, getting their agenda signed, etc...

They kept them in a Ziploc bag in their desk.

My rewards were:
    25 tickets- pencil or eraser (fancy ones)
    50 tickets- candy (they chose that for their 50 ticket reward)
    100 tickets- homework pass (the most popular and free for me :) They couldn't use them on math though ;) )
    200 tickets- choose a book from the book order

4. msj5ny

msj5ny Rookie

Aug 30, 2008

I also use tickets but I do something different. I mostly give out tickets for behavior but also for doing stuff like returning report cards the same day. I give out tickets and ask them to sign their names. Then I inital and stick it in a box. On Fridays, I have a raffle. This year winning the raffle will allow them to choose a treat form the box. Last year the prize was whatever I found worth giving away that week.

5. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

I give tickets for behavior, right answers, and bringing things back signed also. I hand them to the kids, they write their name on the back and then it goes in the bucket. I used to have them save them up but a bucket is much easier for me. I draw out two tickets for the prize box everyday. Prize box includes whatever junk I can find at dollar tree: bouncy balls, bracelets, erasers, lizards, etc. I don't draw tickets on Friday and every child who has had good behavior for the week gets to pick a prize. This works for me. Hope this helps!