Throwing my bread upon the water!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by blazer, Apr 30, 2014.

1. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Apr 30, 2014

I teach in Birmingham (UK). One of my roles is that I represent the (High) schools in my area of the city on a committee dedicated to making links with North America. We have a big initiative here at the moment to make International links.

I am in a position to set up links between schools in NA (including Canada) and my city. If anyone reading this would like to explore the possibility of linking with a school in the 2nd city of the UK then please get in touch. If you pm me with details I promise I will get back to you.

3. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Apr 30, 2014

What kind of link are you seeking to make?

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 30, 2014

Can you give us more details?

5. TamaraF

TamaraF Companion

May 1, 2014

My students would love this, but I need more details. I teach English, so a pen pal situation would work.

6. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

May 1, 2014

The way see it working is initially to put schools/colleges in touch with each other through a member of staff in each institution. Once they are in touch then it would be up to them what they want to make of the link. As an example I established links between our group of schools and schools in Chicago. These links began with just electronic communication but ended with visits by students and staff to each other's cities and schools. Sadly this ended when both sides lost funding. However our City want to get links like these started up again.

7. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

May 1, 2014

Hi Tamara. What age group do you teach? Let me know (by pm if you wish) and I will see if can find a suitable partner school that you can begin communicating with.