Thread closed

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Strick18, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strick18

Strick18 Rookie

Jan 1, 2017

Did Jonny123 kill himself? He was a new member who was having suicidal thoughts and feelings about not being able to afford going to school to be a PE teacher. The last time I heard from him was on his thread.
    Then a moderator catnfiddle decided to close his thread without regards to what it might do to his self esteem. From that point on I haven't seen him log in or post anything.
    I just worry that because of catnfiddle''s actions he decided to end his life.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2017

That's kind of a rash judgment, Strick. Consider that closing the thread could have prevented more stress for the OP. We may here back from him or we may not, but one's personal choices and consequences are just that-personal. Many here suggested help resources to the member in question. Blaming anyone here for another's choices is irresponsible on your part.

teacherintexas and Backroads like this.
  4. Strick18

Strick18 Rookie

Jan 1, 2017

Well, the way I see it is that this might have pushed him over the edge. For example, if a student wants to talk to you and you brush him off day after day, he will stop trying.
    He was suicidal and reaching out for help. By shutting his thread, catnfiddle brushed him off. He might have felt as though no one was paying attention.
    As a teacher, I expected people to be a lot more understanding instead of critical. Maybe that is why so many students commit suicide instead of talking to others. They see teachers are people who will criticize instead of support.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 1, 2017

Thank you for your concern, Strick18.

Much can go on behind the scenes without being apparent.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2017

There was a lot of understanding on the thread, and behind the scenes it seems. Stick around a while, Strick. You'll find our input is varied and full of feelings but never inattentive or intentionally uncaring.

7. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Jan 1, 2017

There were people in that/those topics concerning me, and giving off a callous vibe, but cat wasn't one. While I'm not a moderator at this site, having spent thirteen years as a moderator at one of the biggest message boards on the internet, I'm aware that there are certain steps the moderator staff, and particularly the administrators, could have taken for Jonny, and they'd almost certainly never say publicly what those steps are/were.

Backroads likes this.
  8. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2017

Strick18 is a troll, and a new account of former user that played many personalities. I'm closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.