Those working remotely - How do you organize your digital resources, materials and tasks?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Sašo, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Sašo

Sašo New Member

Jan 19, 2021

I've been wondering how others organize now that work had been mostly online.

3. Sašo

Sašo New Member

Jan 19, 2021

Also is there any specialized software you use?

4. tuankiet153

tuankiet153 Rookie

Jan 19, 2021

Digital resources: I uploaded all on my website so students can access anytime they feel comfortable.
    Materials: I organized them in my USB.
    Tasks: We used the district-approved softeware called HUB to post all assignments and tasks.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 19, 2021

We use Google, so I have everything on Google Drive. It makes it super easy to share files with colleagues and kids.

6. zo_ey

zo_ey Rookie

Jan 20, 2021

I do it in Google Sheets and recommend it as well. Simple, organized, and neat.

7. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Jan 20, 2021

Mines a complete mess to anyone but me. I have folders and I name them things that make perfect sense to me. Then I fail to put things in the right folders, but it's a system I understand.

8. AmberP

AmberP Rookie

Jan 21, 2021

Hello! I am not particularly organized, but quarantine made me change that. I created separate folders for all the documents. I think that's all. I use Google Sheets too, Glassroom. They are nice and simple.

Backroads likes this.
  9. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Jan 23, 2021

I use google docs and have a folder for everything!
    I also use Desmos for math work and save activities there.

10. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 28, 2021

Google's GSuite has saved my tush multiple times in the past year.

11. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Jan 30, 2021

We use google classrooms. I am a subbing teacher so have only limited access to the department's full resources.
    So this is what I have done.
    I have downloaded the schemes of work (mostly Physics but a couple of Chemistry) for each of my classes.
    I opened a folder and put inside sub folders for each class. The SoW went in the sub folders. Then in each sub folder I produce more folders. One each for the lessons I am planning to teach, Into these folders I drop all the resources I plan to use. Powerpoints, video links or files, worksheets, test papers etc.

I produced a spreadsheet with my teaching timetable on it (we operate a 2 week timetable). and in each cell identified the class. I have the timetable repeated down the page for the next 12 weeks, each week dated.

Then consulting the spreadsheet I can see at a glance to upcoming lessons. So in google classrooms I can open the page for a class, open up a lesson, transfer all the resources to that page from the correct folder and arrange that the link for the lesson is sent to all class members in advance of the lesson time. They can also then access the resources.
    On the spreadsheet, once I have set up the lesson I change the fill in the cell so I can see that the lesson has been planned and I can see which lessons I still need to plan.

One good thing about Google classrooms is that if I have 2 or more classes in the same grade that are following the same topic I can just transfer an entire lesson from one class to another and so I can tick off 2 or even 3 lessons on the spreadsheet using just the one plan.

Currently I am keeping at least 1 week ahead with my planning. So all of next week's lessons are planned and scheduled and about 50% of the following weeks are already in the can.

12. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Feb 2, 2021

I use our district's platform (schoology) but Google works with it and many of our newer teachers prefer google. I have transferred all of the textbook online resources into our district's platform so that the students aren't jumping from platform to platform. I love all the folders and as my comfort level grows I admit, I will probably not go back to pen and paper.

13. johnmorgan

johnmorgan New Member

Feb 4, 2021

Hi everyone. Which CRM or Database do you use to keep all the information? Thanks [​IMG]