Those teaching nightmares where nothing's prepared

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 5, 2007

I had one last night. :woot:

The kids were very tall, two were cradled in one another's arms consistently and wearing extremely short skirts, and they didn't know how to walk in a line at all. They booed me and walked in line like a swerving snake. I hadn't covered those procedures for some reason. Then they went to reading class and shouted through the entire lesson. They were literally screaming. :lol: I realized during the dream that half the room was still in boxes and I hadn't done much at all to review ANY procedures because I was in a rush!

Then I had one two nights ago. These are the only two I had this summer! Last year's class was featured! :lol: They came in, and everything was in boxes. One of the mothers then proceeded in screaming at me that I was disorganized and she was going to report me to the principal. I then shouted at her, "I AM DREAMING!! YOU'RE A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION! SEE ME PINCH MY CHEEK!" Then I pinched... and you got it... I woke up and wrote the dream down. :woot:

So now... share your lovely teaching dream experiences. :)

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 5, 2007

Awww. I know someone will add to this soon... :anyone:

Now I feel moronic. LOL. :woot: :party:

4. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Aug 5, 2007

Don't feel alone ... I had several school nightmares a few weeks ago, and I was concerned because it seemed so early. I teach 2nd graders, but in my dream I was teaching high school, and they were all standing around drinking beer. Then my supervising teacher (I guess I was still a student teacher in this dream) was mad - because beer bottles were laying around - I don't recall h er being mad because they were drinking! And of course none of the kids were paying attention. Then we were doing an experiment with clay and salt, and they wouldn't help me clean up, and I couldn't find the dishwasher to put away all the tools we had used.

Very silly, and having nothing at all to do with my 2nd graders. But I frequently have those dreams where nothing is ready, or I myself am back in school and I can't find the classroom or I haven't been to the class and it's the end of the semester. I don't think we are alone ... no one else wants to own up!!

5. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2007

I just had my first school dream Sunday night. Of course, the room wasn't ready for the kids and I hadn't planned anything to do with them.

The flood gate has been opened. I imagine it's only the beginning.

Is anyone else exhausted like me?

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2007

My school nightmares (which haven't started yet!--knock wood) always revolve around me not being able to find things--my classroom primarily. In fact, almost all of my bad dreams have that common theme, I'm lost in a very familiar place, or I can't perform simple tasks, like dialing the correct number on the phone.

I'm sure, now that I've written about it, I'll start the dreams soon.

7. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2007

My nightmare was real in 1978. My first job teaching remedial
    math to 6th grade. The documentary Roots had just been aired
    and I had a little black kid fall on the floor in front of me
    saying "please dont beat me massa please dont beat me" for
    fussing at him. He was so funny it broke through my mortification
    and helped me make it through the rest of the day.

8. quesoqueen

quesoqueen Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

I had a few before July 4 and then they went away and then I had one last night where the students refused to put their chairs up and leave the room at the end of the day, and a friend was stealing all the classroom textbooks.

but my mom, sis and sis mother in law are all teachers and they have the same sort of dreams every year for about a month so I figure it's normal

9. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Aug 6, 2007

I had a Nightmare closer to the beginning of the summer. When I came into my classroom, I was still in my nightgown, my hair was greasy and my face was oily. I was also very hot and sweaty. The kids were running around and a parent walked in and was very upset with me. I was so glad to wake up and leave that one behind me!

10. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2007

Oh my, mine are just like that. I wonder what they mean?????

11. ThirdGrade123

ThirdGrade123 Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Same with me! In my dream, the school was remodeled and everyone kept giving me wrong directions. I was mad at myself for not knowing where my own room would be. I finally found the classroom at 1:30 and I felt like a failure for leaving them all day. They were sitting in their seats working on a crossword puzzle.

Weird!

12. DreamToTeach

DreamToTeach Companion

Aug 7, 2007

I am just going back to school in a couple weeks to get my BA so I can get my credentials (3 or 4 years away) and I had a nightmare last night!! What is it going to be like when I get closer? Yikes!

My kids were due any minute and I didn't have any lesson plans, any BB, and I wasn't even sure what grade I was teaching. I was trying to find someone who I thought I could trust to ask which grade I was teaching. It was 2nd or 3rd, but I wasn't sure. I was afraid to ask and look like an idiot. Geez!! I was rushing around trying to organize my room and think of something to have the kids do while I found out what I was teaching! hehehehe