Those summer interviews

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Aliceacc, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2011

I've read a couple of threads lately from people thrilled about interview calls, and of how this school or district would be a wonderful fit for so many reasons.

I just wanted to give a gentle reminder: make sure you come up with a list of why YOU'RE a good fit for THEM. That's what the interviewer cares about.

Best wishes as you continue your job search. Remember: be yourself, but be your best professional self. Don't be afraid to laugh; let that inner teacher (the one who has all sorts of cool stuff planned for his/her students) shine through.

Good luck!!

3. xiangnong

xiangnong Companion

Jul 20, 2011

Thanks for the advice. I am off to an interview in 10 minutes...

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2011

OH, that's great!!

Good luck!!

5. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Jul 20, 2011

Great advice!!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2011

Nice Alice, thanks!

Also everyone, don't be afraid to go into the interview w/ a steno pad & pen to jot down a couple notes or to have your questions written if you think you'll forget what to ask at the end. I think taking a couple of little notes (not too many though) will make it look like you're on the ball w/ things. :)

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2011

How did it go??

8. GAteacher87

GAteacher87 Companion

Jul 20, 2011

Great advice. Good luck to everyone!

9. xiangnong

xiangnong Companion

Jul 20, 2011

Thanks for asking how the interview went, Alice. Unfortunately, I don't feel too good about it. I don't think I came across as very confident, and I thought of much better answers as I was driving home. For some reason, one of the interviewers made me feel ill at ease. I need to pump up my confidence next time since answering on the spot is not my strongest suit.

I did have a good phone interview the other day, though. They ended up giving the job to an internal candidate, but the interviewer called to let me know and said that she will pass my name on to the principals of the two schools that this woman is leaving. (She was 1/2 time at two schools.) I also had an interview at a high school last week that went well, but I think they want someone who is also certified in English 9-12 (in addition to ESL). That would have been easy enough to see on my application before calling me in to interview, but it was good experience interviewing. I'm not sure why I had such a hard time today...

Anyway, I will keep following the advice on here.