Those ONE (or TWO) students!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by woobie5, Aug 24, 2010.

1. woobie5

woobie5 Comrade

Aug 24, 2010

I've been in school for a month now and I still have those one or two students who need constant reminding about EVERY rule: inside voice, walking, hands to yourself, voice off when teacher is talking etc, etc, etc. ANY TIPS?

3. lilune

lilune Rookie

Sep 4, 2010

I have the same thing. I have one who is CONSTANTLY getting up and doing whatever she wants or when we're sitting she's scooting around. The other is not so bad but no preschool and he just talks and can't get through his head our classroom expectations. I would really love some advice on my wanderer. She has a difficult home situation and being positive and praising her lasts about 2 seconds as does reprimanding her.

4. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Sep 4, 2010

Thursday was my first day with kids and I could pick out one or two that will be like that. It's my opinion some of them are just TOO young and almost not ready for school yet. Naturally, they're here and we have to do the best we can with them, but it can be frustrating. :)

5. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

Sep 7, 2010

I have one that I could spot from the first day of school that would be my one like that..He has periods where he wants to be good and helpful..but they don't last..no control at home either..so not looking for much support there..he's already had to talk to the principal twice in the last three weeks (never thought that would happen in kindergarten) because his behavior severely disrupted the class..he was a bit better today..but once 1:00 hit, back to his old self..

6. kinderokSA

kinderokSA Rookie

Sep 7, 2010

@teacherhoosier - mine sounds about the same. After lunch - (lunch at 11am) it's like he goes crazy. Has little people talking in his head or something. I've had parent support, dad would come and "talk" to him. I gave that a try once and that didn't seem to work but for 30mins. His been to the principal as he does not respect any teacher, the class or things in the class. His is disrespectful and defiant. HELP!!!!:help: