Thistle Girl Graphics, Still Okay?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by applecore, Apr 17, 2012.

1. applecore

applecore Devotee

Apr 17, 2012

I've seen some posts here about Thistle Girl from 2009, and wondered if it's still a worthy investment for basic creations for the classroom? (I'm forseeing a lot of teacher created materials in my near furture for next year and I want to add a little fun.)

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Apr 17, 2012

Are you planning to sell the things you make? If so, the Thistle Girl graphics are really over-used and you'd be better off using other artists. If it's just for your classroom, it's really up to you as far as what kind of style you like. Also, if it's for selling, you just need to look for artists that will allow commercial use. Sometimes you pay extra for it; sometimes they don't even allow the option.

There are so many clipart sites out there. Here are a few you can check out...

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 17, 2012

5. applecore

applecore Devotee

Apr 18, 2012

Thank you for sharing those links.

No, not for selling---I don't think mine work would come near enough to be sold; although fun thought though!

I thought the same thing after I perused through the web for TG---there's TONS of websites out there that use it. I'm guessing there's a lot more for web based type clip art than just worksheets out there. :)

Thank you again...those are very helpful!

6. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Apr 18, 2012

7. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 18, 2012

I use Thistle Girl all the time. I'm always creating new things with the graphics. The lifetime membership is worth the little bit of extra money. I also use scrappindoodles, but not often.

8. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2012

Personally, if I were to spend money for something for school, I'd rather it be educational. I do teach older kids, so maybe that's why. I also don't like the Thistle Girl stuff.

9. applecore

applecore Devotee

Apr 23, 2012

Amanda---How'd I forget about DJ Inkers??? I remember that one...it's been a few years. Thanks for those links! I still haven't decided. It's such a toss up...

Miss W...thanks for your input. I saw the lifetime membership was up to $70..EEK! I wish I knew about it a few years back when it was $50. I'll have to think hard about joining a membership. I'm stock piling things in a "wish list" at TPT websites for a few things I couldn't think about creating for writing. There's some really cool things there!

Waterfall Lady...I agree with you. I create graphic organziers and year-long scapbook pages that go with the theme of the classroom.

The only thing is....Thistlegirl has the CUTEST movie and camping graphics!!

10. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 23, 2012

Watch for sales, because she puts memberships at discounts at different times.

11. applecore

applecore Devotee

Apr 29, 2012

Miss W---Thanks for the heads up!

I've been "stalking" the website for what they have in the ways of fonts for next year's theme I've got brewing in my cupboards, drawers, and mind.

12. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué