This year is wonderful!

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by WaterfallLady, Sep 9, 2010.

1. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2010

I know there are a lot of rants on here, so I wanted to give some good news. This year is absolutely fantastic! All my kids are really hard workers, and really want to behave. You could hear a pin drop when I am talking.

They try really hard to raise their hands, they all want to read out loud even if they can barely read it, and want to please me.

Now, I had almost all the same kids last year and the year before, but something is different this year. I even didn't hesitate to take out scissors for a project this year. Usually, I am terrified. Any behavior that takes place is disability related and truely not related to kids acting out to just act out.

I guess third year with the same kids is a charm? :thumb:

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 9, 2010

I am finding the same thing true about my class this year. I have some new ones this year and some that I have had for the last 3-5 years. They all seem to have a new attitude this year. It sure is refreshing!

4. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Sep 10, 2010

Awww. :)

So you've had the same kids for three years? No newbies?? I got two new 6th graders and a new 8th grader this year... But yeah, I got a really good group this year too. Funny how it can change your whole perspective. (Now if only I could get rid of that one psycho parent...) lol

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2010

Glad to hear. My group this year is fantastic as well. :)

6. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Sep 11, 2010

I have one new student who is very sweet, and a few moved up, bit I have the same general class.

7. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Sep 11, 2010

That is wonderful to hear waterfall lady :). Glad it has started so well for you and your kiddos.

8. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Sep 11, 2010

That's awesome! Glad to hear it is going well for you. It's so cool that we get to have the same kids from year to year and really see the progress and relationship development.

My most difficult kid blew into the room on the first day and announced, "Miss bethechange! You're here! I'm so happy to see you!" Awwwwwwwww. Melt my heart. It seems he's matured a lot and mellowed out over the summer too. So great!