This was so funny it almost made up for the day

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, May 27, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

May 27, 2008

I just have to share something with you that I thought was so funny that I almost forgot the terrible class that I was in today. This morning when I went into school I had on tennis shoes. I usually wear tennis shoes and then change into my heels at school. Well this morning I was just so rushed that I forgot to change into my heels and while I was waiting for the kids to settle down I had a little guy come up to me and ask if I knew how to tie shoes. I said yes, I assumed that he needed help tying his shoes. But when I asked if he needed help he said that he noticed that I did not have laces on my shoes. I just explained that yes I do know how to tie my shoes, I just prefer to wear ones with velcro on them so I don't have to worry about tying my shoes all of the time. I was a much needed laugh during a very tough and stressful day!!

Mldouglas

3. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

May 27, 2008

That is cute!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 28, 2008

:lol: Cute!

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

May 28, 2008

that is cute. I have a cute story too- but from preschool. One little boy came up to my on probably the 3rd day I was subbing there and he says to me very matter of fact, looking closely at me, hmmm, do you know why some people NEVER brush their hair? (looking closely at my hair). This lil boy had been staring at me for a lil bit before he said this to me. I did not know what to say to that, so I said oh I think they must brush their hair sometimes! He replies, I don't know. Anyhow, I have curly hair and it was very humid for those two or three days so my hair was impossible and he was obviously talkin about me. haha. I thought that was very funny, very cute.