This was posted by Mrs Powell

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Upsadaisy, May 15, 2009.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 15, 2009

Some of you may remember Mrs Powell. She has gone on to host her own blog and includes this description of AtoZ as part of a listing of teacher forums (5-14-09):

AtoZTeacherStuff was the first set of message boards I used back in 2001, and I have several longtime internet buddies on AtoZ who helped me through many rough times and transitions. The site's creator, Amanda, is an amazing and resourceful woman who carefully moderates the forums and makes sure the entire website is full of useful and relevant resources for teachers. The message board archives are fully searchable, so you can find ideas on nearly any topic. Because members post personal profiles and interact regularly, there is a great sense of community at AtoZ and a positive, encouraging tone to the discussions.
    http://thecornerstoneforteachers.blogspot.com/search/label/fabulous resources

3. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

May 15, 2009

Yes I read that:) I'm a fan of hers and follow her blogs, etc. What she said about atoz is true.....especially now that the political forums are gone, lol

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 15, 2009

Hmm... I remember a cryptic message posted by someone about being surprised if we knew who she really was . . . now the wheels are turning :lol: I agree with everything she says especially since I pretty much avoided the political discussions ;)

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 15, 2009

Tasha, do you mean what her screen name was on here?

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 15, 2009

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 15, 2009

I remembered that thread about us being surprised.

8. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 15, 2009

How true - I just spilled my guts out on the "Worried" thread - things I hardly ever say out loud to even my closest friends. THANKS to everyone here :)

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 16, 2009

And look how many people posted their bra sizes on the 'unprofessional dress' thread!

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 16, 2009

Ummmm. Even if I had a matching set, I'm afraid that that particular info would be left off any of my posts:lol:

11. frogger

frogger Devotee

May 16, 2009

I agree because even if you disclose some info either embarrassing like a bra size or venting about your school or job search we are all on here to help each other out and keep a positive board which I think is greatly helped by us having to register to post and having great moderators as well.

12. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 16, 2009

Absolutely true! I read the posts here long before I even wrote anything. I truly believe other teachers are our best resources - even if it is to vent to! I feel like I know people on here just from the words they've posted - I tell stories by saying "guess what happened to friend of mine" and it's a story that was posted here! ;)

I completely missed the bra size thing-that's just hilarious.