This is what it sounds like, when doves cry....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by rachaelski, Jul 11, 2009.

1. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 11, 2009

Somehow a dove got into my house today. My cats attacked it. They knocked it down, scared it, and then just sat there watching the poor dove. My landlord and neighbor came in and saved the dove (SO out of town), who luckily flew away, hopefully unharmed.

This is not the first time I have had strange animals in my house, nor is it the first time my cats have caught flying animals. In Ohio, we had a bat in our house. My cat caught it mid-air. Crazy. There was blood spatter on the walls and everything.

Dove feathers are a pain to clean off of area rugs, and they are all over! My one cat looked cartoonishly cute with a feather hanging out of his mouth!

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 12, 2009

I thought this was going to be about the artist formerly known as Prince, or has he given up the symbol? I am out of the loop.

I'm glad the dove got out.

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

I'm so sorry to hear about that poor dove. We had a lot of bats come into my parents' house when we first moved there-they were coming in through the chimney! We finally figured it out and put a screen over the top. I love bats, but it's unnerving to see one flying around while you're going to the bathroom.

5. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 12, 2009

When I lived in Florida, we had a snake curled up around the toilet once, we also had a raccoon take up residence behind our dryer. I love all of God's creatures, I do not like most of them in my house! :lol: