This has to be THE one!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TXowl, Jul 19, 2011.

1. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 23, 2011

I completely agree- I know I should try to relax on weekends because there is no way that I'm going to hear anything back, but yet that just seems to make it worse! Isn't it crazy how weekends can be so cherished during the school year, and so despised during the job search season?! :p

PS- Rice & all the others waiting to hear, I so hope you get the calls you've been waiting for!!

2. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 25, 2011

Today has come and gone and no word :( I guess I can add it to the list of almost-but-not-quites. I can't dwell on it for too long though. I have 3 more interviews scheduled and I'm waiting to hear back on date/time for another position. I really thought I was a great fit for this position, but there was apparently someone who fit better.

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 25, 2011

Well, it's not over yet... I would wait two days and send a follow up email that asks if they have filled the position. That is perfectly ok. :)

4. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 25, 2011

The P specifically said that he would contact the person they chose no later than Monday. He also said that he would not be contacting anyone not chosen.

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 25, 2011

Things happen. Just call in a few days, but keep looking for sure!

6. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 25, 2011

I 2nd what SCTeach says...call or email in a few days. It might be taking longer than the P originally thought to decide, and following up shows you are still interested in the job. Plus, even if they have already decided, at least you'll have the closure of knowing the answer. It can't hurt!