This has been the week from...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Bella2010, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Aug 27, 2014

insert appropriate expletive. We've done a ton of pretests this week. Kids forgot their user names and passwords, computers and iPads were crashing, computers and iPads freezing, extremely slow Wifi because everyone was testing, etc. I feel like I've done zero teaching because the schedule has just not run the way I anticipated. We have two more days of this business! I had a killer headache today.
    Teacher 2 who I posted about in an earlier thread said she couldn't get through the year without my help. I wanted to tell her I don't know anymore about this than she does, but whatever. And on a side note to that: she told me I messed up in my lesson plans. I didn't. :mad:

And...I have an extremely needy and crabby little PreK kiddo(DS) who still hasn't adjusted to a school schedule.

So glad a three day weekend is coming up! :|

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 27, 2014

Teacher 2 is using the twin tactics of guilting you while preying on your sympathies. Additionally she probably has a chip on her shoulder, hence the jab about the lesson plans. Good luck - if she is going to be your constant shadow, it is going to be a very long school year, and a three day weekend is not going to fix it.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 28, 2014

Sorry, Bella. You can only change what is under your control and the crazy testing schedule isn't, nor are the computer problems. Focus on trying to present a calm and under-control demeanor to your students. And plenty of hugs to your DS.

5. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Aug 28, 2014

My first week was also stressful with computer issues, new school procedures to learn, new school culture to navigate, and oh yeah classes to teach! Week 2 has already been much smoother. Hang in there and I hope the same is true for you, too!

And I agree that the long weekend won't "fix" anything, but it sure does feel well-deserved and can help you catch your breath, at least!

6. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Aug 28, 2014

Yes, this week has been a complete ishshow at my school. Just ridiculous.

I'm glad the weekend starts tomorrow.

7. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Aug 28, 2014

I have had an awful week too. Just trying to get acclimated to the first week of school and I find out my dad is dying, dealing with leaving my baby while I go to work, and now I've got a sty on my eye!

I just want to cry.

8. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Aug 28, 2014

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, AdamnJakesMommy.

9. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Aug 28, 2014

Thank you stargirl!

10. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Aug 28, 2014

I am so sorry about your dad. :(