This district needs teachers!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CDV3888, Aug 14, 2008.

1. CDV3888

CDV3888 Rookie

Aug 14, 2008

3. dola0072

dola0072 Rookie

Aug 16, 2008

Wow if this was true I wish I lived there. It is so hard to get a job in teaching :(

4. Engteach13

Engteach13 Rookie

Aug 16, 2008

Wow! I have a job but that looks pretty enticing.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2008

If only I could relocate! I know another poster works in Clark Co and she's always saying they are in need of teachers.

6. greenfrog

greenfrog New Member

Aug 16, 2008

I am sorry to say, but that really isn't true anymore. The freeze is still on in Clark County. This is in all areas for the most part and even includes high needs. Also, out of state people are very low on the pole. I have also heard that the district is expecting low numbers. It has been rumored that long term sub/vacancy positions will be replaced by surplus teachers after count day in September because of low enrollment. Don't come the Clark County if you need a job anytime soon.

7. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2008

I love that everyone on this board is being so helpful to those searching for a job!!! What a great place!

8. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 17, 2008

I think it's important to hear from educators who are in the area-- or around it. It's nice to think that someone who really knows will tell us the truth--- I know some places just advertise without really having the positions available.

I would stress though--- as I'm sure others would--- to at least try. Get your name out there and see what happens. I don't think I would have ever found the position I now have if it wasn't recommended to me to at least try contacting them and following up. :)

9. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Aug 18, 2008

As enticing as that looks, I could just not move to Vegas. I get tired of that place after being there 3 days...the heat...no thanks!
    My uncle lives in Chandler, AZ and he said they are in need of teachers around that area...it has been growing for the past several years.

10. frogger

frogger Devotee

Aug 27, 2008

There's a lot to say for living in an area that you can actually "stand" and not just for a job - I too couldn't live in Vegas it feels to chaotic to me personally but I know many love it and thrive there!

The best bet is to try and take a working vacation to the place or places that you may be interested in moving to and that say they are in dire need of teachers and then you can see for yourself if it's a good fit for you.