Third Round Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jess93, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Jess93

Jess93 Rookie

Jun 4, 2015

I have been searching the web about 3rd round interviews, but I'm having difficulty finding any advice.

The interview is for a 1st or 2nd grade position.

First Interview: With principal and asst. principal. This interview was a screener.

Second Interview: With principal, asst. principal, and teacher from grade level. I had two second interviews both for each grade.

Third Interview: I am told it will be with the superintendent. I am unsure if the principal will be present. I do know that the district does not do demo lessons.

Can anyone give me advice on what should I expect. I'm wondering if I should bring my portfolio out during the interview. I never did for the others, though. Thanks!

3. WISpanishELL

WISpanishELL Rookie

Jun 4, 2015

This sounds like my second interview. I was recommended by the interview team (principal, other teachers, department head) to be hired, but all new teachers need to be approved by the superintendent in order to be sent to the school board for approval. It was completely a formality, but it gave the superintendent a chance to meet everyone before they start working in the district.

As for what happens, he basically interviewed me with some of the same questions as the 1st interview and a few questions that were more about educational theory and educator effectiveness, etc. Then he went over the job offer and salary.

Hope this helps!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 5, 2015

I would bring anything that you did to the first interviews to this one. It may not be necessary, but better to be prepared. I have never been interviewed by a super, but from what others have said on here it's either 1) just a formality and the super will offer you the job at the end of the 'interview' or 2) it's between you and one other candidate and the super is interviewing both to be the determining factor to who gets the job.

Good luck!

5. Jess93

Jess93 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

It ended up being another interview. I have one more round to go through, a 10 minute mini lesson! I thought this district didn't do demo lessons, so I'm very nervous. Are these things taught to students or teachers and administration?

6. bison

bison Habitué

Jun 5, 2015

I would ask when you schedule the interview, or call and ask if you already did. I did a demo lesson for a panel of interviewers, but everyone else I read about on this forum generally does them for students.

7. Jess93

Jess93 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

Kind of nervous, as I have never done or really heard of demo lessons before. I am almost thinking it will be done in front of a panel, but I will ask. It's only ten minutes, so I'm assuming it should be very, very basic. I will be teaching the equal sign and identifying if numbers and/or equations are equal.

8. Jess93

Jess93 Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

Would anyone be willing to give me advice on my lesson? I am currently creating and would love some input on what you all think!