Third grader wearing high heels

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Resentful, Dec 2, 2012.

1. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Jan 17, 2013

I don't think anyone should be wearing skirts that short until they have practiced and practiced how to sit in them and how to get out of a chair. Seriously, if you aren't willing to hold your knees together when you're seated, wear some freaking pants!

2. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jan 17, 2013

All I'm gonna say is thank God for uniforms!

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 17, 2013

The fingertip rule is ridiculous. Obviously everyone is different. My personal opinion is that those skirts are too short...period.

4. Ilovesummer

Ilovesummer Companion

Jan 20, 2013

Amen! I taught at a school without uniforms for 4 years before coming to a school with uniforms for the past 4 years. We had so many more issues with dress code at the non-uniform school! I don't miss arguing about skirt/shorts length and shoulder strap width at all!

5. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jan 20, 2013

Ugh, I would do ANYTHING for uniforms. Both teacher and student uniforms. I think there are so many benefits to uniforms, and not just cutting down on dress code infractions. I have made my love of uniforms loud and clear at my school, now I just need to get up the courage to mention it to my superintendent haha.

6. readingrules12

readingrules12 Fanatic

Jan 20, 2013

We have uniforms, and I am not opposed to them. I do find that there are a lot of headaches with them. Girls roll up skirts, boys wear shorts that are similar but not the uniform ones, and the list goes on and on.

Students get in trouble for wearing the uniform incorrectly. Having uniforms hasn't cut down on dress code infractions. Students still like to push boundaries.

7. bubbles

bubbles Rookie

Jan 20, 2013

I've taught in schools both with and without uniforms, and it seems like there are several issues that resound either way. At the school with uniforms, the rules were never strictly enforced especially regarding footwear, belts, and the like so the kids pushed the envelope by wearing jeans or sweatpants instead of navy pants, all sorts of boots and heels instead of plain shoes, untucked shirts (which I loathe when we're talking button-down shirts), and much more. Nothing was ever done, so the kids who started out following the uniform soon would stop obeying part of it because of the others.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

9. bubbles

bubbles Rookie

Jan 20, 2013