Thinking of buying a Keurig...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Nov 30, 2010.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Nov 30, 2010

1) Who has one and do you think you save money that way? I don't have to have coffee, hehehe, but enjoy one for a treat every now and then and don't like spending $3-4/cup even though it's not often! The idea of different flavors in a single serving sounds like fun.

2) Has anyone seen one for less than $100?? I will keep an eye out at Kohl's since they always have sales! :)

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Nov 30, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE mine!!!! We got our at Costco, because with the extras it ended up being the same price as Kohl's. I buy the coffee at Kohl's though.
    It ends up to be about .55$ per cup. So worth it for us because we either threw away almost a whole pot or I would stop to buy a latte.
    I like the flavored coffee and my husband doesn't so this way, we both get what we like.
    I got one for my daughter for her dorm room. She likes the teas and chai lattes. Plus also, she can use it to make plain hot water for her mac and cheese!

4. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Nov 30, 2010

I love ours! It's so convenient because DH and I aren't big coffee drinkers so to make a whole pot would be a waste (plus he likes bold coffee, and I prefer light or flavored). We're usually satisfied with just 1 cup. Definitely check Kohl's, Walmart, Target, etc. (even Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a coupon if you can use it) for lower prices - they seem to go on sale frequently now.

I typically order my coffee online. I use Kenozacoffee.com because you can order 5 cup sample packs if you want to try different kinds. I have also used 11thstreetcoffee.com - they send out coupon codes and stuff. Also, Amazon often has them for a lower price than some of the stores.

5. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Nov 30, 2010

I have the single brew one. Got it last year from a black Friday sale at kohls...I don't use it...thought I would...but I don't drink coffee!!
    If you want to buy it...you can PM me lol

6. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Dec 1, 2010

My dh wanted one for our wedding... I thought they looked stupid and we had a huuuuuuuge fight! ;)

I was wrong!

We both drink maybe a cup or two a week. I like my coffee in the morning, he likes his in the evening. We would throw away almost full pots of coffee.

Now we can just make 1 cup whenever we feel like it.

I buy my k-cups at Bed Bath and Beyond whenever I have a good coupon...

7. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Dec 1, 2010

On black Friday we were waiting in the monstrous line at Kohl's and the woman in front of us swore by these coffee makers. She said her sister bought hers for a couple hundred during the year, and everyone in her family loved it so the woman was buying 3 of them to give as gifts!!! That day they were on sale for $115 I want to say, so I'm not sure if you'll get a better deal than that...$100 may not be possible. Good luck!

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 1, 2010

My OT swears by it... we were actually discussing this at conferences while we were waiting for one of the families to show up. I'm not a coffee drinker, but love my hot cooca and spiced tea and such... I just have a hot-water maker which works for me. I keep some instant coffee mixes around for guests.

9. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Dec 1, 2010

I love mine! In fact I am sitting her drinking a cup of decaf I just made in it. I like it b/c dh isn't a coffee drinker so a pot of coffee is a waste as I just drink one cup. I make one cup in the morning and then a decaf once in a while in the afternoon, or hot apple cider. My kids like it for hot chocolate on cold days.

Do I save money? Probably a little as compared to buying it out, especially with the iced coffee.

I also love how easy it is. My 8 year old daughter often makes my coffee for me. Plus no coffee pot to wash.

As far as price, mine is 2 years old and I haven't looked at prices at all for them as I don't need a second one.

10. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 1, 2010

I was just talking about them. I am tempted to register for one:)

11. bros

bros Phenom

12. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Dec 1, 2010

we love ours. We buy the coffee at costco or bed bath and beyond with a coupon

13. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 1, 2010

Is it better than a cheaper one cup coffee pot?

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 1, 2010

I love mine. I also use the BB&B coupon. I will probably go this weekend since I just got a coupon in the mail yesterday and I'll look for the 48 count box since it seems to be a better deal. I make coffee and tea usually but you can also get hot chocolate K-cups and iced tea cups. Sometimes I use it to make a cup of hot water when i want to use a tea bag. Much easier than putting on the kettle of microwaving a cup of water.

15. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2010

I love, love, love my Keurig!!! I actually bought mine as an impulse buy but I am extremely glad I did! I used to buy coffee in the big tubs and it seemed as though the coffee would get "stale" before I could use it up. I would also hate making it being that I would have to clean the coffee pot and throw out the filter later. Ugh!
    I love it because I can just make one cup of tea or coffee and that is that! My daughters are 7 and 14 and they love it. I just made my youngest some hot cocoa in it this morning and she was so happy! (We had a snow day today so it was a perfect treat for being at home in this weather). My oldest daughter use it for tea from time to time, she can do it herself because it is so easy to use.
    I say buy it!! Check out QVC as well. I bought mine on QVC and I got the high end one but I got a great deal! They always have Keurig shows and always offer them with all the accessories and free K-cups for a discounted price. I got mine on Easy Pay, so it was a great buy!!

16. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Dec 6, 2010

These are on sale at my Kroger for $89.99

17. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Dec 6, 2010

Thanks.

I bought one at a store that was already on sale for $109 and got a free box of coffee cups along with their store's $30 gift card for next visit!

I do love it!

18. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 6, 2010

Keurig has AWESOME customer service. Ours was having some sudden functioning issues this weekend. Dh called customer service (on Sunday,none the less!) and they talked him through some trouble shooting for over 30 minutes. Finally, they said to take the Kcup holder out and mail it to them and that they would be sending us an entire new machine-it should be here by the weekend...and we had a 2-year old machine! Awesome.:thumb: