thinking about getting trained for montessori

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by roseteacher12, Jun 3, 2009.

1. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 3, 2009

I recently came upon a job opening to teach in a montessori school where they will provide training first. im contemplating it as i have been searching for a job for a while and havent found anyhting yet. Im wondering if i could get some info on Montessori schools. for example, how does the pay compare to a regular public school teaching job? pros/cons? Thanks!

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2009

I would also consider teaching in a Montessori school so long as Montessori training is provided. I considering applying to a Monterssori school in my area that is opening a new location at the end of August. I'm expecting the pay to be around $30K.

4. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 8, 2009

thats not too bad. i really dont know much about Montessori to be honest, but I think I will do some more research into it

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jun 8, 2009

My minor was ECE so some of my field experience was done in a Montessori school. IMO, it's really no different than any other child development center.

6. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jun 8, 2009

I just applied to a Montessori school and the starting pay is only $30K which isn't much here. On top of that, they want YOU to pay for training (which they mentioned is MA degree level at a certified college). If they offered to pay for it, I would go for it though, because a job is a job. :D Good luck!

7. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jun 8, 2009

hmmm i guess they werent clear with that in the ad...it said training i provided but im not sure if they will provide it for free! i did get an offer to come in and meet with her so I guess these are things I will find out.

8. Yenna

Yenna Companion

Jun 8, 2009

Hi all!
    Salary in private Montessori is definitely less than public school salary. Though more and more public montessori schools are opening.

It is a fulfilling and stimulating career choice and there are different ways to apply the training to life situations. The training itself is an amazing experience. Montessori is more of a philosophy than a dogma and also comprehensive in scope.

Good luck!

9. Anyalee

Anyalee Companion

Sep 30, 2009

What about pay in a public montessori elementary charter school?

10. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Sep 30, 2009

I am also interested in Montessori training! I am thinking about subbing in a Montessori preschool and hopefully getting some training, so I know what/how the teachers are teaching. I am very interested though.

11. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 30, 2009

It depends upon the school. Regular public Montessori schools here pay the same as regular public schools. They're all on the same pay scale. Charter schools pay differently than the public schools in my area, so you'd really need to check with the school.