Think Time Inc Study Materials

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by samiam123, Jul 26, 2012.

1. samiam123

samiam123 New Member

Jul 26, 2012

Hello!

Has anyone used the materials from this website to prepare for the FTCE?

thinktimeinc

I found it through the University of Central Florida and I have a discount code, but I'm wondering if it's worth the money. I'll be taking the GK, Ped, and K-6 exams in about 3 weeks and all I've used so far is the cliff notes study guides. I'm mostly concerned about K-6. Any information would be appreciated.

3. history

history Companion

Jun 16, 2015

I know it was a while since you posted this, but did you ever use them? I was thinking about using them for the PET. I know learning liaisons is no longer involved with them and they are talking opposite about them.

4. samiam123

samiam123 New Member

Nov 12, 2015

No, I didn't end up using them. The test actually was not terrible and the cliff notes study guides were fine. I also used Brain Pop videos to brush up on the different parts of the K-6 exam. They give you the basics, and they're fund to watch. Unfortunately the subscription is not free (I had access through the school where I was working at the time), but it might be worthwhile if you think you might use them in the classroom.

5. Joshk80k

Joshk80k New Member

Feb 20, 2016

Sorry to bring this topic up again, but has anyone used Think Time? If so, was it any good? Also, I googled Learning Liasions...how are these two related, and is one better than the other?

Thanks for any help you can offer, I am a bit nervous about taking FTCE exams.

6. history

history Companion

Feb 21, 2016

I used Think Time and found it to have numerous mistakes and I am not talking about the required ones to avoid problems with the testing companies. As far as Learning Liaisons, I am currently working with their strategy to see if it works. People have had positive results from their strategy.

7. Joshk80k

Joshk80k New Member

Feb 22, 2016

When you say problems, you mean like generally inaccurate info? Also, I am not sure what you mean by required mistakes or problems with testing companies.

Thanks for your recommendation though - I am going to do more research on Learning Liasions, part of what attracted me to Think Time was that everything was clearly laid out - 40-50 bucks for a few practice exams sounded like a good deal, but if the info is inaccurate, I will look elsewhere.

8. history

history Companion

Feb 23, 2016

What meant about think time as they dod not correct their errors .Learning Liaisons is not bad if you can get the strategy to work for you. Dr. a will even tell you the guides offered are not up to date especially when the pet is all situational based questions. I was looking into ftce tutoring ( you can type it into google) but the cost has it on hold to see if LL strategy works.