Things thatmake me want to reach out and slap someone in the head & say, "FOCUS!"

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Rebel1, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2013

Things that make me want to reach out and slap someone on the head & say, "FOCUS!"

SO...:whistle:
    -I ordered food @ Bill Miller, the server puts TONS of little ketchup packets in my bag. I only ordered a 4 piece strips deal, and a 3 pieces of chicken deal. They both come with fries. I got my order, took at least 9 of the ketchup packets and placed them on the counter. I thought I got rid of most of them. I come home and found 12 more in the bag! HELLO! I did not order for 10 people here! FOCUS was not in her mind at all. They need to spend more $$ on the ketchup order sooner than they need to, IF they keep having Missy doing it.:help: $$ that can go towards raises?
    -I was @ Target, and noticed that there is a stand with the baskets that customers pick up to do their shopping with. I noticed at least 5 workers who walked by and never noticed that the dang thing was empty. There is one basket on it, and IT doesn't come out, So many customers were pulling at it, walked away, and tried to find another one. I called out to some of the workers who seemed to have nothing to do but just stand around and talk, "Hey! Y'all need to get some baskets here for the customers!"
    -I took a class yesterday and some "weight challenged" lady had the nerve to wear tights, and you can see her undies, and had nothing to cover them, but a waist length shirt, scarf, and heels that were at least 6 inches high. OMG! It was not a pretty sight, BUT obviously her FOCUS was to get some attention! I had to hold my tongue from saying, "Woman please! Who are you trying to get to FOCUS on that?":eek:
    She was too fat for the outfit she wore.:dizzy:
    Were people like these late for the "Common Sense" line?
    FOCUS people!
    Rebel1

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2013

I hope the heels and scarf were at least color coordinated?...:hugs:

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2013

I am not good with color coordination, so I don't know.
    She could not shut up during the class either! She had the MOST comments and questions during the class.
    I did not notice what she was wearing until she stood up to go somewhere and it was not a pretty site.
    Maybe the guys in the class thought so, and maybe it was the only clean thing she had left to wear. ;)
    I will give her the benefit of a doubt.:D
    Rebel1

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jun 23, 2013

The basket thing bothers me too. If I see their basket returns in the parking lot are overflowing, I'll grab one there because I know that means there aren't any inside. People will buy more if they have a basket-especially at a place like Target. It's just common sense to make sure they are available.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 23, 2013

Yeah, like when there are 1000 shopping carts in the parking lot (actually IN the parking spaces) and none for the customers in the corral near the store's entrance. Maybe the manager will ask someone to do it after her smoke break (right outside the entrance of the store).

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 23, 2013

I run into people doing dumb things often when I'm out & about, but I don't give it a second thought generally.

One example that always killed me is when I'd order egg rolls from Jack in the Box. They used to come in either 3 or 5 pc orders. For a long time now, it's been 1 or 3 pcs. If I ordered anything more than 3 pcs, the workers just couldn't figure out that you input 3 + 1 + 1 (if I ordered 5 pcs) into the cash register. They literally were bewildered if people ordered anything other than 1 or 3 pcs just because that's what the menu says. They'd always ask me, so that's 3 plus 2 singles right? Uh, yeah!!!

And they did this at more than one Jack in the Box location. I only think about this one instance because it's happened more than a few times.

8. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 23, 2013

Yes, I see questionable things, but I'm not in that person's shoes, so ... what do I know?

I choose to focus on the positive things in the world.

9. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Jun 23, 2013

Yes, how dare that woman dress to please herself and not others.

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jun 23, 2013

I get tired of hearing how someone's six year old is out of control...but the child has on hooker clothes, makeup, and is treated like an adult. You can treat a child with respect, but still a child. I was in the store the other day with a little girl maybe ten or so. She had on heels. cutoffs, halter top, and more makeup than a showgirl. She was talking back to her mother. Her mother kept saying "Don't talk to me that way." But she still bought the girl all types of electronic items and makeup. She then gave her a $20 to "shut her up"

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 23, 2013

:dizzy:

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2013

Cut this woman a break for at least taking the class.:2cents:

13. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2013

Good for you!
    Keep it up.
    Rebel1

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2013

I think your entire "weight challenged" story is insanely rude among other things.

15. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2013

Cza,
    I did mention in my reply to swansong that maybe it was the only clean thing she had left to wear. I also said that I will give her the benefit of a doubt. Some one else is really worked UP about this and I was not even responding to them!
    Why do some people try to squeeze themselves into clothes that are way too small for them?
    They make BIGGER sizes.
    How have you been Czacza? I am keying you a message!
    Take GREAT care and remember to stay cool, calm, and collected!;)
    Rebel1

16. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2013

Please, you were not serious in your comment about clean clothes. You make clear in your original post that she was only focused on attention. Anyhow, I hope your eyes have healed from the horrible abuse.

17. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2013

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED!
    Any more comments, keep them to yourself!
    Rebel1

18. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2013

No offense taken....Truthfully I think this woman knows she needs to do something about her fitness but at the same time she's 'working what she's got'...good for her! I know you are coming from a good place, rebel...DH has family that don't take care of themselves and don't even try to look good, and we worry about their health...:( it breaks my heart...while the woman in tights and heels might not look good to most, at least she's giving it a shot! God bless.:love:

19. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jun 23, 2013

As a side, how do we know this was an exercise class? Did I miss this?

20. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2013

Not sure if I'm "allowed" to post, but I actually didn't think it was an exercise class since she had on heals.

21. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2013

My thoughts exactly.

I'm really disappointed in and disgusted by the OP's comments about this woman. Adults can wear what they want. If you don't like it, look away.

22. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 24, 2013

I will be sure and hold back on the ketchup next time. (Never even heard of Bill miller's).

23. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2013

I am "weight challenged" and I found it funny as all get out

24. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2013

It is Kind of like typing in CAPS .....

I ask "why are you typing in CAPS ?"
    and they say "SO I CAN SEE WHAT I TYPE"

MY thought is why do you have to see what you typed , YOU TYPED IT!

25. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Jun 24, 2013

EDIT:
    I assumed it was one of those Burlesque classes or the type where women do pole dancing to get in shape. They usually ask you to wear heels to those. I see them on Groupon all the time:)

When I used to eat at Checkers, I always liked to order a combo with a MEDIUM fry and SMALL drink (because a medium drink at Checkers was so huge it wouldn't fit into my cup holder). So at the window I would say,

"Can I get a medium #2 but with a small drink? I don't want a big cup."

After repeating myself 2 -3 times because apparently that's super complicated, they would repeat it back to me correctly.

And when I got my stuff, I'd either have a MEDIUM drink and a MEDIUM fry or a SMALL drink and a SMALL fry.

So I got "smarter" (so I thought) and started ordering each item separate. (ie: Can I get a small pepsi, a medium fry and a bacon cheeseburger?) and they'd ring me up for either a small or medium # 2, so I would STILL end up with a smaller order of fries or larger soda than what I wanted.

That's part of why I stopped going to Checkers (plus the quality of the food at the one I go to has gone down the toilet as they've been hiring more and more people who just don't seem to care)

26. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 24, 2013

People who work at fast food places hate their job.

Big people can wear whatever they want.

I tend to let other people live their lives without too much judgement.

27. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jun 24, 2013

Pretty sure people are thinking exercise class just because this woman was apparently fat (using different words doesn't make it nicer), which is also offensive I think. The entire post is mean really.

People make minimum wage and hate their jobs at fast food places. She probably puts in a lot of ketchup so she doesn't have to deal with people who complain about too little. It has nothing to do with FOCUS.

28. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 24, 2013

I have to say, it's possibly THE least funny post I've read on A to Z. Not a glimmer of humor. Repeatedly calling a woman fat and disgusting to the point she burned your eyes with her grossness is appalling. It's sad someone would post it and it's sad someone would think it's funny as all get out.

29. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 24, 2013

:yeahthat:

30. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2013

It is funny, and NOT sad at all:rolleyes:, have you ever been to Walmart at 2:00 AM boy the fashions there ! As a "weight challenged" person I still think it is funny. It is not as simple as wearing white after labor day The wearing of unflattering clothing is odd and funny if I wear something tight and fat revealing I deserve people laughing at me.

31. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Jun 24, 2013

this was my thought when I first read the post. Mean. my :2cents:

32. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Jun 24, 2013

I don't think it's funny. I like some types of humor but I have never liked the "mean" kind. Joan Rivers ect. It kinda gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

Dave, if I saw you in Wal Mart at 2 am in unflattering cloths you are still gonna get a welcome smile from me.

33. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 24, 2013

I guess we will have to agree to disagree